Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hello,

I am 27 years old and I've been a snooker fan since watching the Hendry v White World Final of 1994. My best friend at the time (Robert Valiant, currently 19th on PIOS) had a 10x5 snooker table at his house and we spent countless hours practising together. In 1995 I got my own full-size table and from then on my standard improved rapidly.

I played occasionally in junior and amateur tournaments from 1994-2002. I never competed in as many as I should have, and looking back now I regret that a lot because I had a chance to be a real player. My highest ever break in non-competitive play is 145 (one blue, fourteen blacks). I also made a couple of 143's. My highest in competition was 130.

My best result was probably winning the 1997 North-West Under 15's Championship (on Ronnie O'Sullivan's personal practise table at the George Scott club in Liverpool). I won a couple of Plate competitions at Pro-Am's. I had a great match against decent pro Nick Dyson once, although I lost 2-3 (I broke off in the decider and he made a 136 from a long red). Another time I was 1-0 up on Peter Lines and I potted a great long black for 2-0 but the white went round the table and into the middle! (I eventually lost 1-3).

At Pontin's in the 90s I had a simple black to knock Ian Preece out of the UK Juniors, but pressure bitchslapped me and I missed (we drew the match 1-1 which meant that he qualified one place above me and he then went on to the final, losing to Shaun Murphy). Same thing happened to me a year later with Andrew Norman.

Whenever I had a chance to beat a good player I psychologically cracked and threw the match away... oh well.

I haven't played competitively for eight years, but I'm thinking about getting on it again. Despite having rarely played snooker in the past five years I can still knock in regular 80's and 90's, the odd ton.

Anyway, that's me. Hope you're all enjoying the 2010 WSC

Wow, impressive stuff! Definitely pick that cue up again! (Just don't come anywhere near Bury.............PLEASE)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
      Wow, impressive stuff! Definitely pick that cue up again! (Just don't come anywhere near Bury.............PLEASE)
      Cheers! And don't worry - I have 'clinchers disease', I could go 9-0 ahead up and you'd probably win 9-10!

Comment

It's only clinchers if you keep doing it. In time you'll be ok I'm sure.
        But in the meantime I'll send you my details - ROFL
        sigpic

Comment

greetings and salutations welcome 2 the forums and sorry i didnt read ur wall of text :P
          tha what!

Comment

Welcome along mate

Comment

Welcome to the forum mucka .

Comment

Welcome welcome

Comment

Working...
                X