No announcement yet.

Hello from a newbie in central Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your comments. I am surprised to hear about ball damage from plastic pockets. This table and ball set arrived used, and I haven't seen any evidence of damage. What sort of damage would you expect to happen over time?

Comment

cascaders:

There are many Brunswick tables in Canada with the plastic pockets and so far I've never seen any damage to the balls from them except sometimes if someone drills a ball into the heart of the pocket you might see a small black smudge which wipes off easily.

We get more damage here from the yahoos who decide not to use the cueball and shoot any ball with their cues, most times without chalk, and that really damages the balls.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Welcome to the forum Cascaders.

Originally Posted by Rethunk View Post
        I played on that table just this past Tuesday. I think Calvin has done a fine job in setting it up. He's going to have it leveled again now that it has settled a bit.
        Where I live, the local Seniors' Centre has a Brunswick table exactly like the one in the pics. I'm not a big fan of plastic pockets, but it's a nice table to play on.

Which reminds me Rethunk, you could also add to your Canadian listings by checking out the various Seniors' Centres in BC. I know there's quite an active Seniors League in the Vancouver area and so each of the participating centres will have at least one snooker table. I'm not sure about the size of the tables, though. I think I saw something league website to do with them using 5 x 10s.

There's also the BC Cue Sports Society, they might have a list of snooker tables in BC.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cateran View Post
          could also add to your Canadian listings by checking out the various Seniors' Centres in BC. I know there's quite an active Seniors League in the Vancouver area and so each of the participating centres will have at least one snooker table. I'm not sure about the size of the tables, though. I think I saw something league website to do with them using 5 x 10s.

There's also the BC Cue Sports Society, they might have a list of snooker tables in BC.
          Thanks very much. I'll be sure to pull listings from those websites.

I really like the homepage for the BC Lower Mainland Seniors Snooker League. An attractive photo.
          http://www.findsnooker.com/
          Snooker tables in the USA

Snooker cue: Mike Wooldridge white Shark
          Pool: Chuck Starkey custom, Schuler SLC-505

Comment

Hey, you're welcome. Here's another listing, but it's a private club - Terminal City Club. They've got six Burroughs & Watts 6 x 12 steel block snooker tables

Comment

Working...
            X