Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi there, names Tom, live in Kent just outside on London.

Being playing Snooker for around 10 years, on and off.

Im not great, but started to go alot more regulary so my game is improving.

Cue at the moment is a Cannon Espirt (didn't realise at the time that this was the budget end of Peradon). I find the laquer on the cue a nightmare, constantly chalking my bridge so it glides.

Im after some advise on a new cue, looking to spend around £100. Ater a 3/4 split (currently I own a 50/50)

Hope to pick up some tips from this forum to enhance my game.

Hello Tom and welcome to the forum mucka . I think there may be a few cues knocking around here , or adleast there was . If your going to buy new then personally i would save anothe £30-50 and then you will have several options of really nice cues .

Comment

Welcome Tom. For £100 you'll be looking at machine spliced I would think. For an extra £50 you'll be able to get hand spliced. In the second hand market you'll be able to pick up a good quality second hand (possibly almost new!) cue. There's always Forum members selling on cues which might meet your requirements. Give e-bay a miss unless you're certain about the seller. Bit hit and miss IMO.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up guys. I don't mind stretching to £150 or so for hand spliced cue. Originally I was looking at Peradon's range of 3/4 split but obviously the reason I signed up was to grasp a better understanidn of cues and peoples views. So can anyone recommend an online retailer? Also in regards to the sticky feeling I have with my current cue, anything I need to know.

Many thanks.

Comment

Fo £150 tom my money would go on a gbl champion cue , a craftsman , mastercraft , mastercue , omin , or ut cue . Any of them and i dont think you will go far wrong . As for your current cue sticking try a few light rubs with 0000 grade wire wool .

If your not in a rush for a cue then i,ll probably have something for sale before long .

Comment

Originally Posted by TomR26 View Post
            ... I don't mind stretching to £150 or so for hand spliced cue......can anyone recommend an online retailer? Also in regards to the sticky feeling I have with my current cue, anything I need to know
            Hi Tom, if you want to buy new, you could checkout Greenbaize for lowest priced Mastercues http://greenbaize.com/mastercue.htm

And as for your sticky cheap cue, for now you could use very fine wet and dry sandpaper to carefully take off the layer of varnish/laquer - you will be amazed at the difference - just take your time

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              For £150 tom my money would go on a gbl champion cue , a craftsman , mastercraft , mastercue , omin , or ut cue .....
              Good choices hotpot, but i think you will struggle to get a gbl for £150, and you would have to order a craftsman, mastercraft and ut (not sure about omin) at least with a mastercue Stu at Greenbaize carrys a huge stock, so getting one in your specs could be with you in a matter of days

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Good choices hotpot, but i think you will struggle to get a gbl for £150, and you would have to order a craftsman, mastercraft and ut (not sure about omin) at least with a mastercue Stu at Greenbaize carrys a huge stock, so getting one in your specs could be with you in a matter of days
                Ye GBL start at £160 JR

Comment

You would need to contact them to get the length and tip size, but this would be a good buy for somebody in my opinion
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-HANDMADE-SN...item1c12d5ed3f

Comment

Cheers for the heads up guys. Just dropped Paul a mesage about that cue to find out more info

Comment

Hello TomR26

Comment

Working...
                      X