Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An amateur's aspirations.

Hello TSF members.

My name is Matt, and I am an amateur player, and proud addict, of the artistic game of Snooker. The first time I played was at the age of thirteen or fourteen. Me and my mates wanted something to do and went to the nearest club to play. The only thing I remember is standing at the bar registering in "the book", however, it's safe to say that none of us potted two balls on the trot!

Over the last half a decade I've gone off playing the game, and picked it back up numerous times. Now though, I feel that I have finally established it as a proper hobby. I make time to play, where as before it was on the sidelines, only being thought of when other things were done.

Recently me, my dad and my bro revived my cousin's old pub pool table. It was left outside under a tarp which eventually gave way to the weather, ruining the cloth and making a good old mess of the chipboard inside. A quick trip to B&Q and a new "Speed Cloth" off of eBay soon sorted that out. Now the table sits on a newly slabbed area in the garden, protected by a gazebo and covered with a home-made cover.

After only two months the cloth is starting to show signs of wear, with each ball having its own faded spot and the corner balls having the "tracer" lines. It's this flurry of 8-ball that's brought my interest in cue sports back to life. However, it's also made me realise that Snooker is what I want to play.

My aspiration with snooker is to get to a stage where I play regularly during the week and play as much as possible, both physically, mentally and shedular, on the weekends. If I improve to a good standard, then I'd like to play seriously and enter tournaments where possible. I think I have the tactical mind, but I need to practice to make the cue and balls actually do what I see them doing in my head.

If this interest continues at the pace it's currently at, then I can see myself becoming the perfect mould of Hendry/O'Sullivan/Williams. Ha, I wish!

Welcome to the Forum mate. I hope you can achieve all your ambitions but as you well know snooker is an incredibly diificult game and can be very unkind at times when your body doesn't support what your mind can do.
    Hang on in there and just do what you can!!

Comment

Welcome mate! I try to play snooker every Saturday morning, but recently with the new football season I've not had the time. Should be going this week though, but I'm not very good, highest break of 13 (black and pink)

Comment

Great introduction mate . Sounds like you've got the bug .

Well you could not be in a better place . Loads of advice on here to improve the standard of your game .

Enjoy the Forum
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
        X