Cue Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Length

Hi every one i am new to the forum and just wanted to say hi and ask a quick question . The question is about cue length does anybody know if a longer cue will help you follow through more so you get better back/top spin. I found when playing with a mates jp that was slightly longer than my cue I was getting more of a reaction of the cue ball. Do you think this was down to cue length and also if this is so would it be worth getting a longer cue. Cheers

Use the search there is a lot on here about cue lenght. But to answer your question I don't see a longer cue can give you better follow through.

Comment

I agree, the length of the cue should not matter.

If, however, you setup differently with the longer cue, i.e. your forearm is backward of vertical at address position, or you use a longer/shorter bridge (changing where on your chest your hand hits/stops) then you could alter the amount of cue going through the ball.

But, the opposite could be true too, if you used a shorter cue and had your forearm forward of vertical you would have more time to accelerate so might get more speed through the ball, which could produce more of an effect.

I think the important factor is actually 'timing', and you're probably just getting the timing right/better with the longer cue, due to your setup.

See these..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD659eZ054I
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SkPksYgKtk
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

Salam,

Cue lenght depends on your hieght. For a better follow you should also know where on the cue(stick) you put your grip&need to know how the grip should be made and kept through out one stroke . That is not all by the way .

Be sport ... become adib

Comment

could it be the jp just had a better tip?
          Renegade_56

Mike Wooldridge Black Shark

Raffle For Chris Nitti Custom Pool Cue

www.classifiedbillards.com/mybb

Comment

Working...
          X