Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in the Wild West. Aus

G'day from Not The Perth in Scotland but The Perth in Australia,

Decided I'd finally post after lurking around long enough.

Snooker only recently piqued my interest after watching Ronnie decimate Murphy in the 2010 Premier League Final, what a remarkable performance from 'The Rocket'.

Yet to grace the Snooker tables, but hope to do so in the near future when my talent allows me to do so.

Play Pool socially but looking to get to respectable level where I can comfortably beat my mates (hah). Have read quite a few posts and watched Nic Barrow's videos all of which have been very helpful with improving my stance and cue action, though not quite perfected either yet but that just makes a good excuse to practice down at the halls for an hour.

Anyway, that's the end of my mundane introduction.

May the long pots be with you.

:snooker:

Originally Posted by aujdz View Post
    G'day from Not The Perth in Scotland but The Perth in Australia,

Decided I'd finally post after lurking around long enough.

Snooker only recently piqued my interest after watching Ronnie decimate Murphy in the 2010 Premier League Final, what a remarkable performance from 'The Rocket'.

Yet to grace the Snooker tables, but hope to do so in the near future when my talent allows me to do so.

Play Pool socially but looking to get to respectable level where I can comfortably beat my mates (hah). Have read quite a few posts and watched Nic Barrow's videos all of which have been very helpful with improving my stance and cue action, though not quite perfected either yet but that just makes a good excuse to practice down at the halls for an hour.

Anyway, that's the end of my mundane introduction.

May the long pots be with you.

:snooker:
    Aha! Another lurker breaks from cover. Welcome to TSF mate, it's always better being at the party, rather than watching from outside.

That was a good win from Ronnie, and the premier league is a nice bit of fun, but you really need to watch some proper snooker, like the UK Championship that just came to a fantastic conclusion on Sunday night. Do you get to see many or any of the major tournaments over there in Aus?

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site, and don't worry, I won't mention cricket. oops!

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
    X