Hi from BadMadWicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from BadMadWicked

Hello, I just wanted to say 'hi' to the great people of this snooker / pool forum. I've been playing pool and snooker for years and should have joined a snooker forum like this many years ago. Recently, I decided it was time to prove that I can play and joined a local pool team. I'm really enjoying playing pool at the moment and have found its lit up my interest in all things pool and snooker related. I'm looking to buy a new cue soon and I'm hoping this forum will help me make up my mind on whether its worth spending the extra money on a Parris cue etc I'm also hoping to get some tips to improve my snooker and pool game. I'll say this now and it will only be a matter of time before it happens, but I'll try not to ask any dumb questions

Cheers
    BMW :snooker:

Welcome to the forum mate

Comment

Welcome to TSF

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

Hi MadBadWicked, welcome to the forum.
          I only joined this year and, like you, thought I should have joined ages ago.
          I have found superb information and tips from many of the members.
          As you have probably seen, cues do come up for sale on this forum often from members so you may be able to get a good'n for reasonable money.
          If you are after a new cue to your specification, as well as John Parris, also check out Trevor White (trevs1 on this forum), Mike Wooldridge (on this forum), Tony Glover, Dave Coutts, Aurora Cues (pooljunkie on this forum), etc. Check out http://dansheltoncues.com/index.html (totlxtc on this forum) as well.
          As for dumb questions… as away, they may not be a dumb as you think
          All the best and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
          DeanH
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Don't know if you have seen this or not but some sweet looking TW cues here for you to view his work
            http://files.vandeweyerstudios.be/tw/

Comment

Thanks Guys - I appreciate the replys and I'll take a peek at those cues

Comment

Thanks DeanH and MasterBreak147 - those cues look amazing! Like most of us I loved watching Jimmy White play over the years and like his old cue I think the longer butt section looks kinda cool. Pic 23 in Dan Sheltons gallery looks kinda nice. Its not very colourful (just a plain ebony butt), but I like the look of that cue. Any ideas how much it would cost?

Comment

A plain ebony butt? At a guess just under £200 <shrug>
                  I have a cue on order from Dan (and I cannot wait!), he is very approachable so use his website to ask him directly.
                  DeanH
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cool thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X