cue makers in herts/beds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue makers in herts/beds

hi all,, im new to this great forum,, played most of my life,, last 8 years its been kids and golf,, but the fire is burning again,, need a little bit of work doing to my excalibur, i used to use mac chambers then rodney hinde,,could go to john parris,, but interested if anyone is more local?? thanks,

Welcome to the forum mate...there should be someone on here that is local to you that can help you out...you never said what sort of work that you need done to youe powerglide..
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Bob ackers in Leeds has done work on a cue for me his work was first class and cheap including the postage .

Someone else has also recommended Wright cues whgo is a member on the forum , not sure where he,s located though .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Someone else has also recommended Wright cues whgo is a member on the forum , not sure where he,s located though .
        Based in Hull, see http://www.wrightcues.co.uk/
        I have heard good reports on work done.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

http://www.wrightcues.co.uk/repairs.htm

Comment

Yes i have also had some work done by Bob Akers..i had a ash 1 piece powerglide connosuir that i wanted made in to a 3/4 cue...Bob done it no problems and the cue was posted out to me by the next day !
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyclone crouch View Post
              hi all,, im new to this great forum,, played most of my life,, last 8 years its been kids and golf,, but the fire is burning again,, need a little bit of work doing to my excalibur, i used to use mac chambers then rodney hinde,,could go to john parris,, but interested if anyone is more local?? thanks,
              Welcome to the forum.
              The only cuemaker, that I know of, that is new you is Dan Shelton in Oxfordshire, Dan is on this forum as totlxtc and his website is www.dansheltoncues.com. He is very approachable and I am sure you can have a chat about what you require on your cue.
              All the best.
              DeanH
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

cheers guys,, thanks for the info,, probably misleading using the words excalibur, my cue is (long story),, short version: hand made by rodney hinde, then had a new butt from john parris,,, i want a new ferrule. and a new butt so i can get another 1" or 2",,, i have many cues,, but this was my number 1 cue,,, fantastic shaft,, many thanks,

Comment

Originally Posted by cyclone crouch View Post
                  cheers guys,, thanks for the info,, probably misleading using the words excalibur, my cue is (long story),, short version: hand made by rodney hinde, then had a new butt from john parris,,, i want a new ferrule. and a new butt so i can get another 1" or 2",,, i have many cues,, but this was my number 1 cue,,, fantastic shaft,, many thanks,
                  If you used Mac and Rodney, then Paul Roberts at Stamford Cuemakers might be the guy for you, as he learnt from them ... apart from him, then Robin Cook and Dave Coutts are superb cuemakers who do a fantastic job.
                  Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Yep Dan Shelton is good to deal with, I need some work done on my MW cue when the pool season finishes... very relaible.

Comment

Hi I have a cue that was modified for a friend of mine that wanted to change to a quick release joint it was by mac chambers and a fantastic ash cue. Would you be interested if I was to sell it?

Comment

Why not approach Andy Travis , he is a forum member . Personally if you need extra length , I would have your existing butt over spliced to lengthen it , rather than having a new butt made , much more economical and you keep your existing butt and shaft as a matched set. Andy does a fantastic job and regularly posts pics on Face book and on TSF , the work he is doing with Olivewood over Ebony is stunning .

Comment

Interesting olivewood over ebony. Will have to see some..
                          Johnny... What's the spec? Any pictures?
                          My cue in question now has a Mike Wooldridge black spin on..awesome

Comment

Just go to the thread " Andy Travis Latest " in the Cues post section and you will find plenty of examples of Andys work . He is based in Stocksbridge nr Sheffield but he does post worldwide and his turnaround is usually quite quick .

Comment

Working...
                            X