Jian Ying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jian Ying

does anyone have an opinion on Jian Ying cues?

These are Cheap Chinese cues purporting to be 'Hand Spliced' - but buyer beware...Cheap equals low quality... There's a thread on here discussing them... Just like these Bay Horse (or whatever they feel like calling themselves this week on Ebay) cues with 'leather' cases, that have extensions that break when you try them for the first time and leatherette cases...

Comment

THe Thread is called Jian Ying Heard It All now. At the top of the screen choose search and type in Jian Ying Heard It All now.... Read it and weep, as they say...

Comment

yeah i purchased a collection of cues which included one of these in it a little while back, there really poor quality and its difficult to comment on the craftsmanship as its all paint, but still even cheap mass produced cues like this can have good shafts sometimes, so the cues themselves don't away play bad.

Comment

I agree, If you had a box of 30 cheep cues made for $8 each your likely to pick out 6 decent cues and, about 3 shafts would be straight grain and real nice if your lucky, butt might be a bit wonky and whole cue is likely to need re-tapering, re-finishing and so on
          I have access to a lot of this stuff and I do come across some really good wood..

As far as the cues in question, my feeling is there a load of Jian Ying! Unless your there dinging through the cues and you know what your looking for, its pot luck and, your 10/1 on doing your money.

Here's a selection of cues I dugout from a box of 50 in wich I went on to transform into really nice select one offs: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=64af264fbe

Originally Posted by snooker147snooker147 View Post
          but still even cheap mass produced cues like this can have good shafts sometimes, so the cues themselves don't away play bad.
          Last edited by j6uk; 18 August 2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

craftsmanship aside the biggest concern is its shaft and i find them awfully bad, tbh.

Comment

Working...
            X