blak ball game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blak ball game

What would you do if you are eg. 10 points behind, pot the pink bring the black in play from on the side cushion pushing it right over the top left pocket only for the white to come to rest touching the black, it is as good as impossible not to leave the black as have to play away, now 3 points behind what do you think happened when my practice partner played the next shot?

He miscued? Or went in-off?
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

(Well if you are 10 points behind and pot the pink you are now 4 points behind ...not 3 lol)
      Only thing you can do really is play away to a cushion/cushions and come back to pot the black

Comment

Yes of course it was 4pts behind not 3, I also spelt black wrong in title. The result was he played a masse shot going forward 3-4 inches then coming back to pot the black. Game over.

Comment

I think that's a foul shot,didn't hit a cushion before striking the black again.Unless i'm wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by tonyd37 View Post
            I think that's a foul shot,didn't hit a cushion before striking the black again.Unless i'm wrong.
            What ? (never ever heard of that rule before, probably because there isn't one lol)

Comment

I'd have snookered him..
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Once the cue-ball ends up touching a ball or balls that are or could be on, you MUST play away, else it is a foul. However, there is nothing to stop him from playing away, hitting one or more cushions and then potting the black from the rebound off of the cushion(s). Not seen it done though.
                You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Brazil70 doesn't say his partner hit a cushion first.I'm assuming he didn't,hense it's a foul.

Comment

Originally Posted by tonyd37 View Post
                    Brazil70 doesn't say his partner hit a cushion first.I'm assuming he didn't,hense it's a foul.
                    Yeah BUT why do you have to hit a cushion ????????? ie as long as you play away from the black its OK, so playing away with loads of backspin to come back and pot the black is surely OK yes ???
                    Last edited by jrc750; 3 April 2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                      I'd have snookered him..
                      How exactly Mike ? (with just black over pocket and white on table)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Yeah BUT why do you have to hit a cushion ????????? ie as long as you play away from the black its OK, so playing away with loads of backspin to come back and pot the black is surely OK yes ???
                        Yes that's fine.

As long as the black did not move as a result of the actual striking of the cue-ball and its initial movement, then there are no grounds for a push shot. If the cue-ball returns to hit the black, that is no problem. A good shot and a well played one!

Comment

black ball game

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                          I'd have snookered him..
                          Could have tried to angle opponent on the black!!!

Comment

i would have said the same as brazil, try and angle opponent, and as for the shot where people said abaout all the back spin for the white to go forward and then come back and pot the black, thi would be very hard to get this amount of back spin as the cue ball is touching the black you would only be able to hit the top of the cue ball really, to angle or off cushions would be my option

Comment

One other option is to play away, but to do so so softly that the cue-ball barely moves and just wobbles and sits back where it was - and leave your opponent with a touching ball!

Comment

Working...
                              X