Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hello,

I've been reading posts on this forum for a couple of weeks but have been unable to register until today for some reason.

I started playing snooker around the age of 12. By the age of 15 I had my own 5ft table at home and was playing all of the time when not at school. The best I did on that was an 89 break (total clearance with all 10 reds). I guess when I potted the 10th red I should have put another 5 on!!

I then went to college / university and stopped playing completely. I started to play pool in a league around 7 years ago and ended up in the South Yorkshire County A side for a couple of years. I got a bit tired of pool though unfortunately and signed up for a 3/4 (9ft) Snooker league last September.

I've just finished that and done very well thankfully. My team won our division and I acheived most wins with 18 out of 22 frames won. I lost 3 frames on the pink and 1 on the black...doh! Saying that, I'm not a good snooker player by any stretch. My highest league break was only 37 in a match and a 49, 56 and a 60 in practice.

Potting is definitely easier on a 3/4 (9ft) table...however playing for a break around the black is a nightmare as there's about 4 inches between the reds and the black.

My position work needs much improvement but first I'd like to be able to learn to cue straight consistently. Hopefully, with all your collective help/advice I'll sort that out via here!

Komakino

Hi Komakino, and welcome to TSF!

That's a good point you made about it being more difficult to make a break around the black spot on a smaller table, I don't play snooker much, but I do play quite a lot of 8-Ball pool, usually on my 6ft table, and I often find myself wishing for a bit more space to work in, as it were.

So that proves it, snooker's definitely an easier game than 8-Ball pool!

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Hi There!

Welcom to the Forum.........

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
        X