Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Germany

Hello people,

My Name is Chris. I live in Berlin, Germany and I've been a Snooker fan for a long time but turned "massive" the beginning of this year. I was able to see some matches of the 2011 "Crucible Festival" online, including the final. The sport always fascinates me and no frame is the same.

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play on a real table yet but that's about to change. I have been playing some pool though so I probably wouldn't look like a complete Boncus on a snooker table

I'm playing a lot of VP3 on the computer though and I was able to pull off some 147s there (with aiming help but thats still not totally easy)

My favouite players in no particular order:
    Ronnie O'Sullivan - Don't need to say why or do I?
    John Higgins - Nice guy and one of the best tactical players
    Judd Trump - the next Big one, definetely the player of the World Championship.
    Mark Selby -Fantastic player with positive energy
    Stephen Maguire - Also a great player

Stephen Hendry, Steve Davis, Dennis Taylor and Ryan Day also belong to my list

Favored Referees:
    Michaela Tabb, Jan Verhaas, Eirian Williams

And as far as Commentators:
    John Virgo "Where is the cueball going?"
    Dennis Taylor "He was rather fortunate here"
    Willie Thorne "He's pretty hampered!"

Everton is ok but tends to get boring after a while, maybe because of his old.school english.

Great Community here See you around

Hi Chris,

hello from one German to another then. :-)
    Good to hear that you're about to start playing yourself. Should be good fun although you'll have to get used to the massive size of the table at first.

Comment

Welcome to the forum guys.

Did you know that we have a dedicated German forum, it is not as active as this one but it is getting there - www.thesnookerforum.de

Comment

Working...
      X