Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Surrey

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying the Masters this week. I need a bit of advice if you don't mind. I have been playing snooker for about 10 years now, but less though since I have been in full-time work (I'm 26). My highest break is 30, although my average is about 18. So pretty poor.

But I would really like to get into it properly, and the friends I use to play with have lost interest. How high a break would I need to get to realistically compete in local comps? Does anyone know of any beginner standard comps or clubs where I can meet a few people for practice.

Whenerver I go down my local club, Frames in Coulsdon, at the weekends there aren't many people about and I'm not very good at practising alone!!

Thanks guys

Jason

any handicap comps allow for players all abilities to compete a bit more fairly. as far as im aware frames holds quite a few handicap comps

Comment

Originally Posted by Jase85 View Post
      Hi everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying the Masters this week. I need a bit of advice if you don't mind. I have been playing snooker for about 10 years now, but less though since I have been in full-time work (I'm 26). My highest break is 30, although my average is about 18. So pretty poor.

But I would really like to get into it properly, and the friends I use to play with have lost interest. How high a break would I need to get to realistically compete in local comps? Does anyone know of any beginner standard comps or clubs where I can meet a few people for practice.

Whenerver I go down my local club, Frames in Coulsdon, at the weekends there aren't many people about and I'm not very good at practising alone!!

Thanks guys

Jason
      one for you neil

Comment

Cheers Jim .

Jason , i'm down there on Sunday afternoon every week . I will give you a game . Speak to my mate Tony who runs the snooker section and he will be able to set you up a few frames with different players .

If you are about , i'm going to be there this Tuesday for a league match from about 4pm . Pop in and we will get you sorted out mate .

Cheers

Neil
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cheers Neil,

I am on holiday next week, but if you are around Sunday afternoons then I will ask after you next time I'm down (probably the 5th).

Thanks a lot mate

Comment

Ok mate .....no problem .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hello and welcome to TSF

Comment

you can come to me at guildford,neil
                I wanna play more matches!

Comment

Working...
                X