Cue getting sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue getting sticky

I have a BCE Riley cue, endorsed by Ronny o Sullivan, In game my cue shaft keeps getting sticky and when feathering on my bridge its gets really rough and kind of sticks, i am getting tired of keep wiping it with a tissue which does have a slight effect but not much and same with wiping my hands

Any suggestions#

thanks!

There is probably varnish on it . you may be better off removing it with the finest wet n dry possible then apply raw linseed oil to protect it . If you search the forum there are posts relating to how to do it correctly .

Comment

wet and dry mate
      Matt

Comment

some cue makers sell there own oils. look on mike wooldridges website i think he does it

Comment

his website is handmadecues.com

Comment

definately needs a refinish.

Better yet, if you are a keen player who plays regularly, buy yourself a real cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Harry Hossack View Post
              some cue makers sell there own oils. look on mike wooldridges website i think he does it
              pointless on a varnished cue.

if dotn want to risk wrecking the shaft by removing the varnish and cocking it up, the only real way is to keep wiping the shaft between shots and keeping it clean from sweat build up and chalk on the shaft...

Comment

Hi Brightbud,

Just buy a spray can of Silicone, spray it onto a tissue then just run the tissue down the shaft, you will never have that type of problem again.

Comment

I have the same cue and its a problem for me. I usually just wash my hands down every 15 minutes. But I guess thats abit troulbesome.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                    definately needs a refinish.

Better yet, if you are a keen player who plays regularly, buy yourself a real cue.
                    unfortunatly ,jaffa appears to be right ...

Comment

french chalk the talc type is good very fine talc a bit on your bridge will help
                      sigpic www.thesnookerclub.com - The leading online snooker game

Comment

Working...
                      X