What size cue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size cue....

Been playing snooker for years in my local club, allways used one of the their cues which are all the same size. Im 6ft 5 and looking at buying my own cue now, just wondering what size to get. Whats the recommended size cue to size person?

Its not just your height that the deciding factor , its the length of your arms , where you hold the cue , how bent your bridge arm is , how much cue you have overhanging etc , best bet is to try different lengths out and see which feels most comfortable .

Comment

if i was you ide try 1 with the minibutt in that will give you an idea were your holding it for a lot of the shots

Comment

I am 6ft,5 i know exactly what you mean! but he is right it depends on how big your cue action is some players have big some have small and very little cue movement mine is 60 inch with a normal 57 inch its alot easier to get a cue made shorter then longer so my advice would be buy a longer one then if you dont like it get it cut down!

Comment

Thank you for your help.

Ordered a cheap cue last night, will get the right cue for me when i get the feel.

Maybe a stupid question, can you play a full game with the mini butt in or is this not recommended?7

Comment

its not against any rules so whatever suits you if your happy with it on,,if you start holding cue at the joint it will give a idea

Comment

Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
              Thank you for your help.

Ordered a cheap cue last night, will get the right cue for me when i get the feel.

Maybe a stupid question, can you play a full game with the mini butt in or is this not recommended?7
              well , balanced point of the cue will be totally changed , if you order a cue it will be very different and could not suit after getting used to play with mini butt

Comment

Working...
              X