Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to find a snooker table ?

Hi All,

I am finding that it is harder and harder to find a snooker table. In many clubs (e.g. RSLs) they seem to be increasingly replaced with pokies. I live in Sydney and there used to be loads of places to play on full size tables. Now most clubs seem to have got rid of the tables (or have an old pool table). Anyone else noticing this trend?

Where do you find full sized snooker tables? (Especially in Sydney, Australia)

I would love my own snooker table, but my place isn't big enough to swing a cat.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

There is a club in the eastern suburbs of Sydney near Randwick, its not a snooker club its a social club of some kind but it has 2 full sized tables. I was there for an event whilst I was over there back in 2010 and got to have a few frames. The cheapest place I have ever played snooker and the club that i play in at the minute in the UK is 20pence for 10 minutes light time.

Comment

where do u live mate? I can tell you plenty i play alot all over sydney

Comment

Hi Paulmac,

I live in Paddington. Where would you suggest? Where do you play snooker (all over Sydney)? Do you play in a league or something? Nice tables? Thanks mate!
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Hey mate
          There is a place called city tattersalls club on pitt st i use to play at very nice tables (4) I have not been in there for a fair while now. Good players there though, a place in central on george st called wembly snooker centre i havent been there myself though. City hero's is also on george st they ahve snooker and pool tables. I live in gladesville and play there and five dock which just had tables recovered. I play in NSW events and handicap events all over sydney like club marconi and rooty hill rsl both very good clubs, I will give you a few frames if you like it's not to far for me. Check out www.bsansw.com its about the snooker scence in NSW events etc.
          cheers
          paul

Comment

Thanks for the info aussie 147 . . . I will check it out.

Comment

Hi Paul,

I will probably check out the City Tatts Club as you suggested. Thanks for the info especially the NSW Snooker scene stuff. I few frames sounds good to me. But I am probably a bit rusty as I haven't played for years. Hopefully playing snooker is like riding a bike.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X