my cheap cue does me just fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got off topic pretty quick didn't it?

I admire Jimtable10 for his resolute opinion that his cue is more than fine for the task. I just remember something Phil Taylor said to me when he took part in an exhibition at our club.

"You've got to move with the times and always use the best equipment"

That was his response when asked why he would tinker with his darts despite winning all the time.

Comment

Couldn't agree more guys - methinks he takes himself too seriously. Get the furniture out instead young fella - a true test of your ability is the challenge of bendy full butt with a tip the size of penny!

Comment

Hmmm little bit sensitive.
        I take it that the cheap £15 cue is a two piece.
        Well I'd look at getting another cue, don't rush and visit some places where you can try some out.

Actually though use the fishing tackle and just reflect on how nice it is just to have a 2 piece cue. Carry it anywhere no bother, fling it in the boot etc. Great until it starts grabbing your stubble.

What is more of a ball ache, to carry a 3/4 with a million extensions or a 1 piece???

Comment

Originally Posted by baldylox View Post
          Couldn't agree more guys - methinks he takes himself too seriously. Get the furniture out instead young fella - a true test of your ability is the challenge of bendy full butt with a tip the size of penny!
          i potted one once with the long gear!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            i potted one once with the long gear!
            You're a better man than I in that case ADR147! Despite my comment you'll not see me hauling that stuff around the table when I've got a trusty plastic extension at hand - too much effort these days!

Comment

Just play pool instead job sorted.

:-)

Comment

Originally Posted by jimtable10 View Post
                i bought my cue from jjb sports a couple of years ago for just £15.
                I didnt want to spend any more than i had to because i didnt know if i was going to stick at it after about four years away from the table.
                however, i now play at least six hours a week and am loving it, with my cheap cue.
                lots of people are telling me that i need to upgrade to better quality, but i am not going to as i consider it to be a waste of money and would rather spend my hard earned cash on paying for the light above the table and simply working hard on my game.
                there is a problem though, because of the poor standard of the wood, i am pretty sure that the butt would not stand up to being drilled and tapped in order to take a screw in extension. i have tried the plastic telescopic type and simply cannot get on with them, i would like the screw in type but am concerned that it will mean having to get a new cue.
                any thoughts out there guys?
                My advice is don't fix what is NOT broken ! Since your cue suits you fine why change?

Concentrate on your game instead as per your post, plastic slot in extensions just need a little getting used too
                Last edited by liliput; 10 March 2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by baldylox View Post
                  How you know OP is a 'young fella' assumptious and condescending post.

Comment

Originally Posted by liliput View Post
                    Lol, calm down... I'd be rather pleased if someone calls me young for whatever reasons...
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

a lil' lack of humour on here . thought andrew first post was pretty fun and not that wrong . just my opinion ....

Comment

Andrew's first post was right IMO, better players won't need them. If you can end the game in one visit then you don't even have to worry about your opponent leaving you awkward! Or just get on with the push on extension :snooker: This Forum has been getting really tense recently, some people just need to relax
                        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I understand he wants to spend his money on practising rather than on buying a more expensive cue and I respect that. What I cannot quite understand is why doesn't he take his own advice and spend more time learning how to use the slip on extension?
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

what i don't understand is wanting to spend 100+ to fit extensions on a cheap cue when you can go on ebay and get cue + entensions and case for less than 30 shipping included ... if you don't want advices then do not ask for, especially when posting somes silly questions lol . by the way got a JP ultimate and sweating hands when hot weather , do you think it will help putting my cue in the freezer ? lmao

Comment

Originally Posted by liliput View Post
                              Am I being presumptuous when I say a dictionary might be of more use to you than an extension might be to jimtable10

Point taken though, don't know his age.

Comment

On his profile it says he is 39, so you are the younger fella

Comment

Working...
                                X