Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hello one and all

Hi all,
    Thought id just introduce myself seeing as im a newbie on here.........
    Im Brett, 39 from sheffield, ive been involved with snooker since the age of 13 when i 1st started playing, i then moved onto coaching, everything from kids to adults, disabled and able bodied and enjoyed every minute of it.

Ive now taken a step further and will be opening my own club in Sheffield on the 13th April this year so thought id better join the forum to keep me more upto speed on all things snooker.

Hoping to have some good imput, debating & chats with you all

Many thanks those who read this,

Brett

Well hello one and all

Hi Brett, welcome to the forum. I don't know if you know him or not (from your neck of the woods) but Andy Travis makes some lovely hand made snooker cues. Might be worth your while making his acquaintance on here. (I've got one if his cues arriving today
    Pinpoint, Pause, Pullback, Pause, Pot.

Comment

Hi Manny, thanks for the welcome, i dont know Andy but im sure ill come across him on here, thanks for the info

Comment

Welcome to The Forum Brett and good luck in your new venture with your club
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks Neil, need all the luck i can get, need more people potting lol

Comment

Long hours for you Brett and lots of expense . A mate of mine bought into a club a few months ago ......he hardly gets time to pick his cue up anymore .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Welcome aboard. Best of luck with the club, and hopefully you'll still have some free time to post on the coaching section of the forum as well, new opinions are always welcome/interesting
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

Welcome! Tell us about your club Brett, how many tables, what type etc?
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Welcome to TSF Brett..... I hope it goes to plan for you mate, good to see/hear people investing in snooker.....

Any pictures would be welcome as well!!
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, its definately not your everyday run of the mill club, the club itself and everything in it has been there since 1910, it was originally a boys reform club up until the 1980's when it went bankrupt, it was opened back up in 1983 run as a charity as a community centre but the hall where the tables were remained closed, it was then opened for 4 hours per week run by volunteers & thats as far as it went, we couldnt get it open anymore than that.

I was made redundent just before christmas so decided to put a proposal to the directors of the hall to hire it from them on a permanent basis, at first the idea was knocked back so i went back to drawing board, juggled things around a bit and after several meetings it was finally agreed that we would go ahead with this BUT would start slow so will be opening 3 full days for 3 months and i can get the business in & get the hall busy then more days will be added.

We are situated in a massive student area so fingers crossed that will help & i have already had loads of interest.

My vision for this place is to get snooker back to how it used to be with respect and etiquette and if it falls on its ass then at least i can say ive tried.

For pics of our 4 tables & scoreboards ect have a look at the link below.

Brett

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-S...87480384603912

Comment

Would appreciates all the likes i can get on the page aswell so if you visit to look at pics dont forget to click the like button.

Thanks,
                      Brett

Comment

Originally Posted by Acesnookerhall View Post
                        Thanks for the warm welcome guys, its definately not your everyday run of the mill club, the club itself and everything in it has been there since 1910, it was originally a boys reform club up until the 1980's when it went bankrupt, it was opened back up in 1983 run as a charity as a community centre but the hall where the tables were remained closed, it was then opened for 4 hours per week run by volunteers & thats as far as it went, we couldnt get it open anymore than that.

I was made redundent just before christmas so decided to put a proposal to the directors of the hall to hire it from them on a permanent basis, at first the idea was knocked back so i went back to drawing board, juggled things around a bit and after several meetings it was finally agreed that we would go ahead with this BUT would start slow so will be opening 3 full days for 3 months and i can get the business in & get the hall busy then more days will be added.

We are situated in a massive student area so fingers crossed that will help & i have already had loads of interest.

My vision for this place is to get snooker back to how it used to be with respect and etiquette and if it falls on its ass then at least i can say ive tried.

For pics of our 4 tables & scoreboards ect have a look at the link below.

Brett

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ace-S...87480384603912
                        hi brett welcome to the forum mate nice to have another sheff lad in the fold,club looks well on pics will pop up and have a look,jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, your more than welcome, try and get to our launch/open day on 13th and spread the word.

Thanks, brett

Comment

Very nice mate.....

I should be coming up to Sheffield very soon to work for a couple of weeks.... So I'll drop by for a frame or 2!!
                            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Your more than welcome, anytime, cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X