Newbie to TSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to TSF

Hi everyone. Thought I'd take the plunge and join TSF. Often looked at it and threads so thought I'd introduce myself. I love the game of snooker and have played since I was 12. Im now 37. Playing snooker as a kid - I say fortunately but my teachers will disagree we had a snooker club 5 mins closer to my house than my school:-)
    Played in pro ams growing up and was lucky enough to be practice partner for a local pro at the time. He came off the circuit around 2000 I think. He taught me a lot. I still play in local leagues plus the Yorkshire league so I will no doubt have bumped into some of you there. I just managed to scrape through to last 16 in the yorkshires the other sunday. I watched a couple of other players while i was waiting around. My word there are some good young lads at the northern snooker centre. Ive been lucky enough to meet some good friends through snooker, who i would say are life long friends. The game brings people together. I use a craftsman cue which Dave Brown made to my spec. I've just had one of the super tips fitted at craftsman as I'd read a lot about them on here. I've noticed a massive difference in top, bottom and side. I love cues and trying different ones, also buying cues. My mrs says I can only play with one cue at a time so why do I need more than one, she'll never understand. I'm really looking forward to the worlds in Sheffield. I've not got any tickets but hoping to get to a few sessions if I can get tickets what won't cost the world!!! So anyone with tickets pm me.
    Anyways. That's me.

See you all soon

Saint Michael
    Always a pleasure

Welcome Michael Great game for sure.

Comment

Newbie to TSF

;-) cheers
      Always a pleasure

Comment

Newbie to TSF

Yorkshire!!! Yorkshire!!! Yorkshire!!!

Comment

Welcome to TSF Saint Michael, hope you enjoy the forum.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
          X