Greetings Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings Everyone!

Hello from Canada. I am new to the forum and very excited to be a part of it. Looking forward to hearing from & discussing topics on my favorite past-time. After six long years being away from the game I am getting back into it and not letting it slip away EVER again. We are now unfortunately down to 3 whole tables here in my "lovely" city. Population of 1,000,000 and we have two halls with 6x12 tables. Pool halls in general have been diminishing as well for that matter. Nonetheless, I am going to give it a go. The other day I awoke and asked myself why do I not play snooker anymore? Part of me signing up for the forum is to live vicariously through all the folks who reside on the "smarter" side of the world where snooker is still in full swing, obviously not in its prime, but still alive and well. So thanks for having me everyone, and thank you to those who make this forum possible. I look forward to many more years on the site!

Warm regards,

Justin

Nice introduction Justin . Welcome to the Forum . There are a few fellow Canadians on here . So you are not alone !
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Greetings Everyone!

Welcome buddy. Sounds like you should open a snooker hall where you live!!! :-)
      Always a pleasure

Comment

Greetings Everyone!

Welcome aboard TSF
        Pinpoint, Pause, Pullback, Pause, Pot.

Comment

Welcome Justin...from a fellow Canadian in Southern Ontario and also a fellow snooker nut!

If you go to the Canadian Snooker website (snookerline.com) you will find all the news for snooker in Canada and there should be some info there on the Alberta qualifiers for the Canadian Championships which are run by Brad Grierson and I believe played mostly in Red Deer. I guess Red Deer is a good compromise between Calgary and Edmonton as far as traveling goes for the players.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Welcome to TSF Justin have a great stay.

Comment

Welcome to the TSF!

Passion for the game is passion for the game. It's something that gets under your skin. I've been lucky in that I was introduced to the game by my Grandfather when I was very young and have been playing it ever since. It doesn't matter how many balls I miss or how angry it makes me that I didn't play as well as I know I can, I always wake up the next day with as much desire to get on a snooker table as ever.

I hope you're able to continue to play. Finding good tables, even in the UK, is getting harder and harder let alone in a part of the world where snooker has less of an appeal.

Comment

Working...
              X