Hello all at TSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all at TSF

Hi everyone,I'm Mark, I just started playing again after 15 years away from the game. Had a highest break of 75 when I was playing regular as a teenager. Stopped playing at 22 till I picked up a new cue last December so been playing 5 months. I'm 38 now.

Really enjoying the game again and practice whenever I can, I recently had a 97 break in a line up and a 92 break in a practice frame. I hope the forum can help with tips on improving my game, I like the cue section because I would really like to own a hand made cue and some of the designs on there are amazing.

Hi Markz! Welcome to TS, hope you enjoy it here.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Thanks Pat, good to find a place where people love the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Hi everyone,I'm Mark, I just started playing again after 15 years away from the game. Had a highest break of 75 when I was playing regular as a teenager. Stopped playing at 22 till I picked up a new cue last December so been playing 5 months. I'm 38 now.

Really enjoying the game again and practice whenever I can, I recently had a 97 break in a line up and a 92 break in a practice frame. I hope the forum can help with tips on improving my game, I like the cue section because I would really like to own a hand made cue and some of the designs on there are amazing.
        i had a 2 year break from pool between 20 and 22 lost most of my flair and my arching shots but actually became better at safety
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Hi Alexa, I've been amazed at how I picked snooker back up. Just wanted to try my hand again and I seem to have more ability now than when I was younger lol

Comment

my break was enforced due to unemployment was never the same player played in competitions in the trafalgar arms in tooting was renowned for playing spectactular positional shots and pots the pub actually allowed jump shots strangely which two of us excelled at used to also be very good 1 handed if i was cueing tight to the cushion
            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

what didnt help was i can only play at one rhythm its finding it after a long break from the game

Comment

Your right I'm still trying to find my natural pace and rhythm.

Comment

snooker its harder to find that natural pace and rhythm because of respotting balls in pool no balls get respottted so you just play once the cue ball stops (i already know my shot instinctively) its when i rear from that, i miss

Comment

i didnt start playing snooker til about 25 i thought ill give this a go

Comment

I gave up pool as a 16 year old when I was old enough to get on snooker tables. How do you find playing snooker? Does your pool ability transfer well?

Comment

not really and i find playing snooker impaires my pool the table looks weird like the size of a poker board

Comment

A youngster I know had some snooker coaching and the first thing the coach said was to concentrate on his snooker and don't mix the two games.

Comment

you lose sight of the angles thats probably why

Comment

Working...
                            X