Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone, newbie here!

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forum so thought I'd say hi. I'm Alex, I recently moved to Crouch End (North London) and I'm looking for a snooker club and people to play.

I'll be honest, I'm not great. I haven't played for over a year since I was at uni and even then my highest break was 27, but I love playing and want to get practicing.

Looking forward to meeting people and joining in.

Alex

Welcome to The Forum Alex.......should hopefully be a few members who can point you in the right direction for a club in North London .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, it would be good if anyone has any recommendations. I've found a few around the Finsbury Park area that I'm looking into. Once I've found somewhere I'll have a month or so to practice then it would be good to find someone to play.

Comment

Originally Posted by alexj View Post
        Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the forum so thought I'd say hi. I'm Alex, I recently moved to Crouch End (North London) and I'm looking for a snooker club and people to play.

I'll be honest, I'm not great. I haven't played for over a year since I was at uni and even then my highest break was 27, but I love playing and want to get practicing.

Looking forward to meeting people and joining in.

Alex
        Hi Alex, practice and coaching make perfect, so be sure to stop by in the Coaching section on TSF where great coaches can help you. They'll also recommend a coach if you need one, locally. I started a few months ago potting two balls per visit. Got a 50 break a week or so ago, so progress can be made for effort.

Good luck with your game.
        Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
          Hi Alex, practice and coaching make perfect, so be sure to stop by in the Coaching section on TSF where great coaches can help you. They'll also recommend a coach if you need one, locally. I started a few months ago potting two balls per visit. Got a 50 break a week or so ago, so progress can be made for effort.

Good luck with your game.
          Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely check out the coaching section. It's something I've thought about for a while. One of my aims in life is a century break so who knows, with a bit of luck and a lot of practice we'll see what happens.

Do members on here discuss their highest breaks and improvements etc?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely check out the coaching section. It's something I've thought about for a while. One of my aims in life is a century break so who knows, with a bit of luck and a lot of practice we'll see what happens.

Do members on here discuss their highest breaks and improvements etc?
            Yes, big time. Feel free to start a thread describing your own game, where you think it's weak and needs improving and how. Stick it in the coaching section and I'm sure Terry, Nrage, Nic Barrow etc will run the rule over you and get you improving if they can.
            Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

welcome to the forum Alex, you are in the right place for the best advice on technique, equipment, and anything you want to know about snooker.

remember practice,practice,practice its the only way to improve..

Alabbadi

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I shall post in the coaching section now and see what happens. I'd actually not really thought about coaching, but if it's not too expensive I'd definitely be up for some sessions. Need to make some time to practice.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I shall post in the coaching section now and see what happens. I'd actually not really thought about coaching, but if it's not too expensive I'd definitely be up for some sessions. Need to make some time to practice.
                  it all depends on what you need or want to achieve, you can as you mentioned post questions in the coaching section, you will get some very good advice on routines, and how to correct certain faults in your game.

however if you are serious and need to get started on the right path, then you can't beat one to one coaching, half a day to start with should be enough for a coach to get a good look at you and start a program. then its up to you, as u improve you will no doubt discover other problems that might need another visit or 2 to correct.

at least for now you have come to the right place to get you started

Alabbdi

Comment

Working...
                  X