Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all, Just moved to London from Devon and need a club.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, Just moved to London from Devon and need a club.....

Hi all,

I have just moved up to London and am keen to find a good club to continue playing in.
    My love affair for the game started years ago after discovering I was a decent pool player and as soon as I was tall enough, was keen to try Snooker. I loved it and have played regularly since.
    I progressed, and was selected to play in the local league team, which I have done ever since. We had a good team of great mates and varying handicaps, myself -1 when I left, and won the the league a few times.
    Two years ago i was selected to play in the Bilby cup, a Devon/Cornwall wide league for each of the towns top players. I enjoyed two seasons playing in this cup, and since leaving in January, miss the thrill of the match!
    I am keen to find a good local club, start putting in the practice hours again, and try and get back to playing at a decent level. Not that I'm asking to join a team, just like a club where I can go and practice, meet some like-minded players and pot some balls again.

So where should i play?

I am based in Bermondsey, South East London, and reliant on trains/buses to get about.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Tim

welcome tim lots of people on here live round london

Comment

Welcome Tim , did you ever bump into Robert Marshall in Devon .

Comment

Canavans pool club on Peckham rye lane has all the top pool players going to it and has direct bus routes from bermondsey, if your looking to play snooker then there is a place called qstix in catford opposite the London rye pub which has some lovely snooker tables and American pool tables, also it is a very friendly place and is reasonably cheap if u go at the right time.
        Hope this helps

Comment

Hi all, Just moved to London from Devon and need a club.....

Welcome to London bud......

I'm sure Neil will be along in a bit to tell you more but there's a very good club in Coulsdon which isn't that far from you, it's called Frames....
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Spots and stripes in southwark has a lively pool scene at the moment, but no snooker.
            Last edited by mopster; 28 August 2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Hi there, umm, no that name doesn't ring a bell. Plenty of good payers down there though, its a good scene at the moment.

Comment

How does London compare to living in Barnstaple Tim? Must be a bit of a culture shock. I'm sure there are plenty of members on TSF who can recommend a good spot to play at. Good luck!

Comment

Ah excellent, that sounds great. I am almost desperate to get playing again, my cue is sitting here staring at me! I'll have a look and see if i can find it online somewhere..

Comment

How do you know i'm from Barnstaple?! haha! Its good so far though, cheers. I just miss my snooker nights, league and practising with the lads!

Comment

Originally Posted by Timmmmyy View Post
                      How do you know i'm from Barnstaple?! haha! Its good so far though, cheers. I just miss my snooker nights, league and practising with the lads!
                      Lucky guess. So how did you end up in The Smoke? Career opportunity m8? Are you feeling the 'goodwill' factor of The Games while you're down that way?

Comment

Haha, yeah all with work mate. I was in Bristol for 6 months, then another opportunity came along, and my girlfriend was here too, so i thought i'd give it a go! Yeah it was busy during the games, i went to the Olympic Park on the day Ennis and Farrah won them golds. Great day! So hows the league going down there, summer break now i guess?

Comment

thanks

Thanks all for your help. I'll check those places out. Does anyone have much experience of Shades in Deptford or these

Comment

Oops.... or these Hurricanes places, that seem to be scattered about?

Comment

played pool in Kings cross Hurricane rooms. Very nice in there. Snooker tables look in good condition. Not been to Shades myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X