Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you nominate the ball and pocket in 8 ball pool setting on the ps3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you nominate the ball and pocket in 8 ball pool setting on the ps3?

How do you nominate the ball and pocket in 8 ball pool setting on the ps3, for wsc real 11? I read another blog about it on here briefly, and somebody mentioned about pressing select for the overhead view to get red arrows? Well, I have a ps3, and wsc real 11 for it, and when I press select, the only options it gives me is to watch my replayed shots and flag my favourite shots. I pressed triange, which gives the overhead view of the table, however, no red arrows; all I get is rings aroung the balls, which, I have selected the ball I wanted to pot for a plant with the direction pad, and it automatically selects that pocket for you anyway. Take the shot...still tells me that I am fouling!! Can anybody actually help me out with what I am suppose to do to nominate the pocket on it, because somethings clearly wrong. It may well depend on the version you have, but I have the same version because I have a ps3 also! So does anybody know what's the deal with this?

Personally I think that part of the game lets it down, you should just be able to pot your balls into whatever pocket anyway, especially when it is pretty obvious you're going to go for a plant in that pocket anyway! I really do like wsc real 11, but there are some let downs in it, and this is one of them. I really want to be able to play the pool on here, but I can't do that properly because of this stupid thing in it, and it's all very well if it was a free demo, but it's not, it's a game I've paid full price for and feel robbed, there's not even anything about how to do it in the instructions manual that came with the game, infact there is very little in the instructions, there's that little in the instructions manual, there's not a lot of point in there even being one put in there!

Still, if anybody can help me out here, or knows what I have to press in order to nominate the pocket for it that would be fantastic and much appreciated.

Originally Posted by cc13 View Post
    How do you nominate the ball and pocket in 8 ball pool setting on the ps3, for wsc real 11? I read another blog about it on here briefly, and somebody mentioned about pressing select for the overhead view to get red arrows? Well, I have a ps3, and wsc real 11 for it, and when I press select, the only options it gives me is to watch my replayed shots and flag my favourite shots. I pressed triange, which gives the overhead view of the table, however, no red arrows; all I get is rings aroung the balls, which, I have selected the ball I wanted to pot for a plant with the direction pad, and it automatically selects that pocket for you anyway. Take the shot...still tells me that I am fouling!! Can anybody actually help me out with what I am suppose to do to nominate the pocket on it, because somethings clearly wrong. It may well depend on the version you have, but I have the same version because I have a ps3 also! So does anybody know what's the deal with this?

Personally I think that part of the game lets it down, you should just be able to pot your balls into whatever pocket anyway, especially when it is pretty obvious you're going to go for a plant in that pocket anyway! I really do like wsc real 11, but there are some let downs in it, and this is one of them. I really want to be able to play the pool on here, but I can't do that properly because of this stupid thing in it, and it's all very well if it was a free demo, but it's not, it's a game I've paid full price for and feel robbed, there's not even anything about how to do it in the instructions manual that came with the game, infact there is very little in the instructions, there's that little in the instructions manual, there's not a lot of point in there even being one put in there!

Still, if anybody can help me out here, or knows what I have to press in order to nominate the pocket for it that would be fantastic and much appreciated.
    Hi cc13, that was a good rant, and quite right too. You're right, there are so many holes in WSC 11 it could easily double for a tetley's teabag, I still enjoy the odd hour or two with it though. I've only got it on the 360, but I'll have a look tonight and see if I can nominate a pocket, which may give us an idea how to do it on the PS3.

Have you tried "Hustle Kings" on the PS3? It's excellent, and you can download it from the Sony online game marketplace (or whatever it's called) for about £5.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

OK this is how it works on the 360, go into overhead view mode (triangle I assume) then use the up-down-left-right D-pad, UP - DOWN to cycle through the pockets, LEFT - RIGHT to cycle through the balls.

Hope that helps.

-
      Last edited by PatBlock; 6 September 2012, 06:14 PM.
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I play this pool game on my smartphone...

Comment

Working...
        X