Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from new member from Birmingham.

Hi All,
    Just to introduce myself and say hi to all forum members.

I've been playing snooker for 35 years (God I feel old saying that!!) and was fortunate to learn the game playing with my father on full size tables from the age of 7, when he used to clean them at a police station's recreation room where he was stationed. From then on never looked back, loved the game and always will. I get to play once a week in a local league team as captain and have been fortunate to play and meet one or two big names from the snooker world past and present like John Parrot, Steve James (remember him?) and up and coming players like former Junior Pot Black Champion Mitchell Mann. Depsite playing for so many years, my highest break is only 81, It's my target to reach a century before its time to meet my maker!! Only way I'll do that is keep on practicing!!

Welcome to the forum muck .

Comment

Welcome Bigman. Plenty of good advice on here....
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

hi bigman welcome to the forum mate

Comment

Hi Bigman nice to see someone local to me on the forum

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Bigman

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Do you play in the efficiency league then bigman, if so what team and division are you in?
              81 is a decent enough break for any player and nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Hi Cueman. No I don't play in the Efficiency League. My league is the Aldridge & District based around the Walsall and surrounding area. Its a fairly small league with only 2 divisions (Prem & Div1) about 14 teams in each div. I'm team captain for Aldridge Cons Club Div 1 team. We have two other teams competing in the Prem Div. A lot of other clubs we play compete in the Staffordshire & West Midlands League on Thursdays.
                I'm not ashamed of my 81 break, only the fact I've been playing for so long I just would have expected to have reached a century by now!! There's a charity Snooker event at my club tomorrow night, with people like former Pro referee John Willams compere for the evening and a selection of local big names on the snooker circuit like Andrew Highfield, Gary Miller & Mitchell Mann. They have the "privilege" of playing the likes of me and a few other select Aldridge team members to be publicly humilliated on the green baize in front of a paying audience!!

It should be a great night.

Comment

My mate has a couple of tickets for that event from Jack Ashmore. All those players are beatable if you take your chances and don't get too nervous! Good luck.

Comment

Jack is a good friend of mine. One of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet.

Comment

Hi from new member from Birmingham.

Welcome my friend, it's a great forum and a lot of great topics an debate from here can certainly help you achieve your first century I'm sure. I'm also after my first century but imagine how I feel with a 99 break 10 years ago but I gave up snooker for 9yrs now I'm back with evengence and I've had quite a few 60s and a 76 so I will get there too. I just want to be considered as a century break player. It's coming (I hope lol)

Comment

Thanks Chris. I managed to bag myself a snooker coaching session with Andrew Highfield via auction at last nights Charity Night at my club, so hopefully with some guidence I might get nearer my goal!!

Comment

welcome . nock in a 70 and youl be the winner have a great night

Comment

That mean you play in the Efficiency then cueman?

Comment

Hi Cueinaction. No bud, this was asked earlier in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X