Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, newbie from east anglia

Hi all,
    I have been on this site for a couple of weeks now and thought it was time I introduced myself. 40 year old male, just the usual sort of thing wife, 3 children, dog, cat etc... now to the snooker

I played quite a lot as a boy but as I was nowhere near a natural at the game I would get into the 30's-40's and get too excited and miss, I could never get past that 50 marker.

I have returned to the game and am loving it, reading all I can and going to just practise, not just go and have a game as I used to. Playing little positionals shoots with a lineup of reds into the corner and middle pockets. It is so satisfying to play for something and it actually happens well sometimes...

I have tried to see if there are any leagues around the Diss, Thetford area but none that I have found so far.

If anyone local is up for a game PM me Got a 38 last week that I was amazed at, that could have been more, next 3 games I could not play for toffee, maybe that excited teenager has not left me yet!!!!

Cheers
    Dalboy

welcome to TSF Dalboy, I am sure there will be loads for you to enjoy.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi all, newbie from east anglia

In the same boat mate,just turned 60 and coming back after a 25 year absence.
      So frustrating,and rewarding at times trying
      To rediscover that old form.
      Got Mike Woolridge to craft me a new cue
      and loving it.....thank god for an understanding
      wife....all I want to do is practice.

Comment

hi both you newbies welcome to the forum lads

Comment

Hi all, newbie from east anglia

Welcome to the forum bud, good to see another fellow East Anglian is on board......

I know the area very well my home club used to be in Halesworth (Potters Club) and we played all our league games in Diss, Harleston, Bungay, Attleborough areas..... But that was about 20 years ago though, I've got some great memories from playing snooker around there!!

I'm pretty sure the league still runs but it's not as big sadly..... But my mate was asked to play for a team only last week so I'll try and find some details out for you.

I was just back last week working in Thetford and I managed to get a few frames in with my mate at the Apollo Club in Harleston. So maybe next time I'll give you a shout....

Anyway bud, you'll find some great info on here for coaching etc..... Have fun bud!!
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Yep anytime you're this way I would love to have a game, Thetford haleston or Diss not a problem. let me know.

I have asked in the cue club at Diss but only pool leagues if you do get any details I would appreciate it.

Thanks for all the other welcomes

Comment

Here you go bud.....

There's a couple of teams from Thetford that might be of interest to you,

http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/Leagu...1&seasonid=505

Comment

And here's a list of the different leagues that are in Suffolk.....

http://www.freewebs.com/scbsa/leagues.htm

I hope this helps mate.

Comment

Thanks mate I have just emailed them to see if any of there teams are short

Comment

No problem bud, I hope you find a team to play in......

Comment

Working...
                    X