Hi everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

[/I]Hi i have just joined my local club and really enjoying myself, very challenging but i feel i am getting there! If anyone has any tips (apart from Practice, Practice, Practice!) they would be greatfully recieved! Im at the moment lucky if i get a break of above 1, but hopefully this will come in time as ive only played about 8 frames! I splashed out on a Riley Moderna cue from JJB/sports direct for a fiver, minus tip and case, so im after a tip or tips from ebay, if anyone has advice on which to get. hopefully i can stay away from buying anything else!!

Happy potting everyone!

And happy new year

Lol you bought a cue for a fiver ???
    Most people spend more than that on a tip

Comment

Start off on the elkmaster or blue diamond tips..

Oh yes, sorry, welcome to the forum and Happy New Year too.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Hi Baz, welcome to the TSF.
        I think it's a fair bet that your break building will improve significantly once you get a tip on your cue.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, you can't go far wrong with an elk master tip when starting out(or blue diamond like recommended ^^)...
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

unfortunately my cue only takes tips with screw fittings? cant seem to find elks or bd in a screw?

Comment

buzz:

Cut off the screw-in ferrule bit and have a cue doctor install a proper ferrule. The screw-in ferrule was originally meant for tables in pubs where the wear and tear on a cue was quite bad and it's very easy to change a tip with a screw on it.

And also, this type of cue is doing nothing to help your game and skill level. I think you should invest just a bit more in a cue if you intend to play a little more often. You can get a decent snooker cue on eBay for around 50-70quid and some of those include the two extensions and a case.

The rule of thumb is if the hourly rate for table time costs more than your cue then it's time to look at getting a more decent cue.

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
              X