The snooker forum on Android error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The snooker forum on Android error

Recently, the following message is shown when I try to log on to the forum through the Android Apps.

Error: Required client Forum Information Missing.

Anyone knows what happened?

Can't seem to log in on my Iphone TSF app.
    Hope Ferret will get it sorted soon.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

That's because The Snooker Forum is currently running co.uk instead of the normal .com web page and the apps I suppose are configured to the .com therefore they can't access the web page.....

I'm sure Ferret will be along shortly to explain this a little bit better.
      Last edited by coomsey76; 7 January 2013, 08:10 AM. Reason: Grammar
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I think I read that this problem with "all" apps maybe corrected by the end of the month
        And yes related to the .com problem - whatever that is/was
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks, Let's wait for it

Comment

Yes basically the problem is because the site is now running from the .co.uk domain and not the .com although I am now fully in control of the .com again.

Basically I have a few decisions to make and all are financial unfortunately, now we have made the move to the .co.uk my thoughts are well why not stay here! it was something I was thinking about doing about 3 years ago and never done it, so if we stay here I have to get the apps re-licensed and published again etc

Because of the huge costs of all this I am not going to be able to make a start until at-least the middle of next month, I need to re-license the apps for the .co.uk, renew our Apple developer licence, update the vBulletin licence and spend god knows how many hours getting it all back up and running again, cost is probably about £500-£600 which I will have next month no problem.

But here is the major problem, a stable version of vBulletin 5 will be out soon and when it is we will obviously upgrade to it costing us £123, they will then want £369 for the apps to be re-made for vBulletin 5.

So do I update the apps now and then pay put again in 3-6 months or just wait until there is a stable version of vBulletin 5 and do it all at once and save some cash.

Whatever route I choose I will let you all know.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
              Good news that you now have full control of both domains.
              It is always a quandary with version updates
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Indeed, the whole update from version 3 to 4 of vBulletin was a pain in the butt if you can remember and we are still having problems now with it. They are only pushing out version 5 so quick so they can stop supporting version 3 which I would say over half of licence owners still use, I still have 3 version 3 licences myself.

vBulletin used to be reasonably priced and well supported but over the past few years this has not been the case, the mobile apps have been terrible and well over priced, the Facebook app had loads of bugs that were never addressed and again cost me over £100 and the actual version 4 software has always been buggy.

If version 5 is as bad as version 4 then it will be time to jump ship and find another solution.

Comment

Working...
                X