Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, my name is Graeme, I'm 32 and currently residing in Epsom, Surrey. Ive been a snooker fan all my life, from playing as a youngster on a home table to playing in snooker halls in my early teens (Rileys in Sutton, Surrey). I was a Jimmy White fan in my youth but now a Ronnie O'Sullivan\Judd Trump fan. Ive been to see a few matches at the Benson and Hedges Masters (when it was called that) previously and hope to go next year to the World finals to see a few matches.

Just recently I decided to join a local social club (West Ewell) with a table to get back into the sport (after paying for the membership fees with the money from my winning bet on Ronnie taking the tournament (I knew he would do it)). Im hoping to get involved in their local league and start playing some matches as well.

welcome to TSF
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Welcome to TSF . Played at West Ewell a good few times .

Speak to Paul regarding the snooker league .....they have a few teams who play out of there already . They play in the Epsom and District League .

The table upstairs is very decent and well looked after.
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cool thanks. Haven't actually seen upstairs yet as i'm still a temporary member but heard it plays really differently to the downstairs table.

Comment

welcome back home to snooker graham

Comment

Yes it does , Paul looks after the upstairs table . Gets a decent cloth on it as well .

Was chatting to Paul on Saturday , he has got a good team this season . He plays in the Premiership in the league......really good standard .

If you are after match practice there is a weekly Comp on a Thursday at this club :

www.framessportsbar.co.uk

starts at 8.30pm ....£10 entry .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopylewis View Post
              Just recently I decided to join a local social club (West Ewell)
              I am a member there too.

Cool thanks. Haven't actually seen upstairs yet as i'm still a temporary member but heard it plays really differently to the downstairs table.
              It does, the cloth isn't as thick and it's well maintained.

What standard do you play at? I'm 20-30 break standard, or I was last I played - it's been months. If you're a similar standard, or just fancy a laugh perhaps we could have a frame some time?
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                If you are after match practice there is a weekly Comp on a Thursday at this club :

www.framessportsbar.co.uk

starts at 8.30pm ....£10 entry .
                I can recommend this comp, tho I've only played in it once (not enough free time) it was a blast and the guys involved are great.
                Frames is excellent, great tables and good atmosphere.. you might even bump into a pro or two
                "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                  I am a member there too.

It does, the cloth isn't as thick and it's well maintained.

What standard do you play at? I'm 20-30 break standard, or I was last I played - it's been months. If you're a similar standard, or just fancy a laugh perhaps we could have a frame some time?
                  Yeah that'd be cool. I havent really got a high break yet as have only just returned to the sport but I'm always up for a game.

Comment

Yeah that'd be cool. I havent really got a high break yet as have only just returned to the sport but I'm always up for a game.
                    Great When you get to 10 posts (in the non-sales, non-newbie forums) here you can send/receive PM (private messages) and we can exchange contact details and organise something
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Good call on Ronnie taking it. Must admit I was not convinced pre-tournament. What an effin legend

Welcome back to snooker
                      Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Working...
                      X