How much was my Snooker room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much was my Snooker room?

In another thread I was asked this question. I built a 60ft x 40ft building with 12 foot walls for vehicle and equipment storage. In the last 22 feet of the building I built a room inside the building. I bought laminated I beams to use for the roof of the room so that I could store anything i want above the room without regard to weight and also it would give a clear span inside so that there are no poles or other support structure to obstruct the snooker. Inside I wanted to go with black walnut wall finish but it would have been $6000 for just the lumber so I went with Pine and stained it dark walnut. I would have built the building regardless of the snooker angle, so room alone figures out to less than $12,000. I live in the U.S. in the snow belt so there are several out of work carpenters in the Winter months. I sourced all the materials myself and had off season carpenters do most of the work. Furnishing the room with a NICE gas stove for heat and various other "things" added up to a bit, but you can spend as little or as much as you want on that stuff. Off the top of my head, I Beams $1700, rough framing lumber $1500, sheathing $900, finish lumber $1900, carpet (installed) $1700, electriccity $1000, Lighting was pricey because I went with all LED lights. 18 LED lights with luminescence equivalent of 65 watt bulbs including fixtures was $900 BUT the whole room draws LESS THAN an Iphone on a charger. 1.4 amps for the whole room. In the U.S. you get government rebates on efficient lighting so I'll get $500 back for being so "green". Screws, stain, brushes, adhesives, AV cabling, ceiling stuff I did myself, insulation, couple thousand in odds and ends comes out to less than $12,000. Pricey to some, cheap to others, but I now have my dream snooker room.
Working...
X