Hello every1 new member here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello every1 new member here.

Just getting into playing the game and wondered if anyone has got any tips on where to start. I live in huddersfield if anyone is on here near there love to hear from you.

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Tips, well, take a good visit to the "Coaching Forum", some great advice on there plus good coaches that will answer your questions as soon as they can.

Take care.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

thanks for the reply mate. Ill take a look at the coaching forum.

Comment

Hi aj

as throts said, first port of call has to be the coaching section. There's some good advice (among the banter ) and a few links to get you started in this thread:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...light=beginner

and to echo throts again, there are lots of people on here willing and able to help with any specific questions you may have.

Good luck with the game and welcome to TSF.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

thanks mate 4 advice. yeah checked out the coaching forum loads of helpful tips to get me started. Looking for someone to practice with now and share tips and advice.

thanks again fella

Comment

Welcome mate. Might be an idea to post up where/what club you play at. Ask around if there is a local league and join up. Nothing like a bit of competition to help you progress.

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse AJ.....don't want to repeat what has been said above but I'm sure you will find lots of members willing to help with every aspect of the game......this place has helped my game so much. I'm sure you will return time and again.
              You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

hey thanks for all the advice got so much off here already. Im just starting out at moment so dnt have a club yet but been looking around huddersfield/liverpool area. Im from liverpool but live in huddersfield now. JFT96! thanks again every1.

Comment

Originally Posted by ajb12041985 View Post
                  hey thanks for all the advice got so much off here already. Im just starting out at moment so dnt have a club yet but been looking around huddersfield/liverpool area. Im from liverpool but live in huddersfield now. JFT96! thanks again every1.
                  When you are over in Liverpool, drop us a PM and we can go for a knock if you want mate.....I don't work anymore (long story) so I've got time on my hands.

Fred

Comment

yeah sounds good 2 me mate. think id learn alot from playing a decent player rather than a beginner like myself. cheers mate im Adam.

Comment

Originally Posted by ajb12041985 View Post
                      yeah sounds good 2 me mate. think id learn alot from playing a decent player rather than a beginner like myself. cheers mate im Adam.
                      Welcome to our little cyber world Adam. This place is a great place to learn so much about the game....there are so many good coaches with advice on everything about the game. It's so worth spending a few hours reading the various threads on techniques. I play in "the George Scott" snooker club ( known locally as Scotties) in Old Swan. Great club with 29 tables and great facilities. Let me know when you are next in Liverpool and we can meet up for a game.

Fred

Comment

yea will defo let u know look 4ward 2 it. im still getting new to it all. i bought a 3 piece ash cue but dnt really know much about it its what i could afford to start playing with at the time. been reading up on all the techniques and styles on here. great site wish i had joined years ago. is scotties a good club 2 play in then? is it friendly and that?

Comment

It's the top club in Liverpool Adam. The staff are great and the prices are even better....£10 from 1200 till 1800 and 12 from 1800 till close....tables are well looked after and maintained. There is a match room with 5 tables that have tight pockets and the rest are "normal" club type tables with larger pockets and more forgiving pocket openings....good to pot balls and gain a bit of confidence in. I just love the place.

Comment

sounds like a good place mate will have 2 arrange a game sometime.

Comment

Working...
                            X