Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everybody.
    Just registered as a new member.
    I retired recently from a career in mental health. For a complete change, I decided to spend a lot of time playing snooker and billiards and restoring old snooker and billiard equipment. Just small pieces - no ambition to move up to full sized tables!
    I've just bought an old bagatelle table; not one of those which folds but a free standing one. It has a stenciled Thurston's label and serial numbers and names stamped into the wood. I've contacted Thurston's to see what information they can offer. I'll post some photos in due course - I am extremely interested in finding out as much as I can.
    Looking forward to contributing to threads - the forum has some absolutely fascinating info. I was up far too late last night reading some!

Welcome to the forum !!

Where do you play snooker/billiards?

What sort of cue have you got?

Enjoy the forum.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Welcome to TSF
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi
        I play in Newcastle, Gateshead and two local villages, Bellingham and Wark. As for a cue, I use whatever is available! On my 'to do' list is buy a decent cue. I always fancied using a vintage one but I'd be afraid of damaging it.
        Off now to play snooker and billiards with my daughter. She's getting to the stage where she beats me 9 times out of ten. This has both a good and a bad feeling!

Comment

Hopefully tonight is the 1 in 10.

Plenty of cues on here. Beware, cue addition very possible.
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

you are in a good location for playing and for buying a cue and info on the game etc.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Lost two games of snooker but hammered her at billiards!!

Comment

Sounds fair !

Comment

Guessing Gateshead snooker center is one of the venues you play, often some canny cues there for sale, Tony Ions etc, or see Alan Day

Comment

Oh and welcome to the forum :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      Guessing Gateshead snooker center is one of the venues you play, often some canny cues there for sale, Tony Ions etc, or see Alan Day
                      tony lives in fenham, a great guy and cue maker.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                        tony lives in fenham, a great guy and cue maker.
                        Aye his cues are nice mate, got one in the house now I've just re-finished for my mate. Didn't realise Tony lived in Fenham, I know Alan day is very near there though, I just met him at the snooker center though when he replaced a joint for me

Comment

Welcome to the TSF
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                          X