Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny come lately....

.... There's a new kid in town!...

Well I say kid, the above probably gives my age away!.... Anyhows, have just signed up to the Forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

My names Andy, I'm from Ilford - East London/ Essex Borders - and have been playing snooker for about 25 years. In this time I've reached the heady heights of a 68 break and won one club Xmas handicap - although these were both a few years ago - and still proudly display my trophy! Haven't played anywhere near enough in the past 7 or 8 years.

Enjoy watching as well as playing and am usually annoying the missus by pre-commentating for Joe Johnson/ Mike Hallet on Eurosport. Going forwards will be looking for a little Cue advice, general Chit-chat on the game and perhaps setting up the odd game.

Other interests include Guitar - I'm a bit of a thumper! - and bikes, Moto GP, WSBK and BSB. I also enjoy 8 ball pool too.
    Wish I cued as consistently as this fella!
    :snooker:

Alright my son - having a little smooze welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZXtZzpT7Q

Comment

Welcome mate

Comment

Welcome Andy, yes you know you've got a problem when you can predict more things than not... what the commentators are about to say!
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Welcome aboard bud......

Your definitely in the right place if your after some cue advice...... Beware though looking at the post pictures of cues thread could lighten your wallet!!

Whereabouts to you play mate??
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Hi Coomsey

Will be good to exchange views with like minded folks.

It'll be a while before I'm purchasing anything from anywhere! Am currently stuck between 2 cues. 1 is perfect for pool - will be after advice on how to make the 8mm tip bigger!!, the other would be perfect for snooker with a bit more weight! Is only 17.5 oz and I prefer something in the 19 oz range!

Currently have the odd knock about at New World in Ilford. Unfortunately whilst a few of the kids in there will play pool, I'm having difficulty finding anyone that wants a game of snooker!

Comment

Great intro Andy ..............try not to get a cue addiction . Otherwise you will end up in the nut house like a few of us on here !!!
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Andy some great interests there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sn00kered View Post
                  Currently have the odd knock about at New World in Ilford. Unfortunately whilst a few of the kids in there will play pool, I'm having difficulty finding anyone that wants a game of snooker!
                  I never knew about that club in Iiford, that's a shame cause I working there a few months ago on the install of the plant rooms at Pioneer point. I could have gone for a lunchtime practice if I had a known....

I don't actually live that far from you, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll give you a shout bud.......

Comment

Anyone heading this way is welcome to give me a shout for a game... I'll wash my white gloves!

If you're back this way Coomsey then the clubs directly behind the Exchange Shopping Centre... enter via Ley Street

Comment

No worries bud will do.....

But you definitely wouldn't be needing the white gloves the way I've been playing lately!!

Thanks for the heads up, it's always good to know another good clubs are.....

Comment

Working...
                      X