Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Sheffield

Hi
    I'm new here. Given up golf and got my love for snooker back. I also like proper american pool (sorry to the purists) 9 ball is my favourite, but snooker is my first love. I intend to get back to regular play, I'm a good potter but not that hot at positional play,looking forward to getting some good tips from the forum members. I was unemployed a few years ago and spent six months working (government funded) for "The Steven Harrison Academy" here in Sheffield, SHA is a social enterprise that provides free snooker sessions for the underprivileged and people with learning difficulties. They also do a bunch of other stuff with helping coaches and helping kids learn through playing snooker. Check out the website if you want it's snookerskills dot com ( I don't know if I can post links yet). I found my time there very rewarding and I got to play some snooker and got some free coaching from Steve Harrison who's an ex pro. Anyway good to be here and I hope to be able to contribute to the community in some way, cheers.
    Thundercomes

Hi mate welcome to the forum from another from the home of snooker,where about are you.

Comment

Up woodseats way matey.
      Thundercomes

Comment

Welcome to TSF ....Sounds like a very worthwhile time you spent working for the academy. it must have been very rewarding .
        Last edited by Neil Taperell; 29 April 2014, 06:18 PM.
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Shiregreen mate ,where do you play.

Comment

Working...
          X