Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from London

Hi,

Thought I'd drop a quick hello as I just joined this forum. I used to be pretty active snooker player about 15-20 years ago but then stopped playing as other things in life became more important. Anyway, for some reason I'm interested in the game again and been playing and practicing a couple of times a week. Hopefully one day I can reach at least the level I used to be able to play which was somewhere between 50-60 for a maximum break. Now I'm lucky if I can pot 4-5 balls in a row. Love it anyway

Cheers,
    Kari

welcome fella,
    yeah took time off to get on with the mundane but got back into it a few years back. lots of activity here, lively debate, some good banta and people so, enjoy

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Where do you play? I used to love playing at the Hurricane Room in Kings Cross and in Colindale..

Comment

Welcome to TSF......Not many decent places to play in London these days.
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          and what a same it is too, not that many people to play full stop

Comment

Welcome aboard bud..... Good to hear your back playing!!

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I'll second that, it took me ages to find a really good club.....

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            not that many people to play full stop
            Unfortunately that is the problem!!
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Anyone playing in south west london? Any good clubs?

Comment

Yes mate . What you after Resident's club or snooker club ?

Where about's do you live ?

Comment

Any as long as they will let me in :-)

Streatham

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I play at the Hurricane Room King's Cross. Been meaning to check out the chain's other clubs too. The King's Cross club is a farily decent place although can be crowded if you go at peak times. Occasional hip hop etc gigs on the other side of the wall can be sometimes really annoying too. I've found that it's best to go around noon or early afternoon on a Saturday or Sunday. At best it is a very nice club. They advertise they never close. Has any of you been there like 4am? What is it like?

Comment

Kings Cross .....4 in the morning......Not a place that i would personally like to be at that time !

Is that your nearest club ?

Comment

Not sure if it's the closest but it's easy enough access for me from work (Fitzrovia) and home (SE17)...

Comment

Originally Posted by kbrown View Post
                          Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I play at the Hurricane Room King's Cross. Been meaning to check out the chain's other clubs too. The King's Cross club is a farily decent place although can be crowded if you go at peak times. Occasional hip hop etc gigs on the other side of the wall can be sometimes really annoying too. I've found that it's best to go around noon or early afternoon on a Saturday or Sunday. At best it is a very nice club. They advertise they never close. Has any of you been there like 4am? What is it like?
                          Yep the Hurricane a Rooms is open 24 hours a day...... I used to play there quite a bit, but like you said the music coming from the gigs being played at the Scala or the juke box got quite annoying!!

I've played there into the early hours a couple of times and depends on which night but it was still quite busy...... I'm with Neil on this I'm not I'd I'd like to see Kings Cross at 4am!!

I still know a someone who plays there and and he said Sundays are the best days to go by far.....
                          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                            Anyone playing in south west london? Any good clubs?
                            J6UK is in that area - He will surely know!
                            On Cue Facebook Page
                            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                            X