Hi All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All!

Hi guys. I am new to snooker forums. I am an avid pool player but for the last few years have dabbled in snooker. I am even doing a dissertation at university on snooker this year!!

Sounds interesting Ryan ......where do you play Pool?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I play in either southeast London or Canterbury depending on whether I am at university or not

Comment

Hi mate, welcome! I'm not an educated man, what's a dissertation?

Comment

A dissertation is a 10,000 word study/journal article you have to design, collect data for and analyse in order to complete your final year of univeristy, normally of a science based degree.

Comment

Hi All!

and what is your snooker idea you are putting forward for your dissertation?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Plenty of info on here Ryan - but don't read my waffle unless you are happy with a 2.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKavRhd9wQ0

Comment

I am interviewing snooker players amateur upwards and finding out about perceptions behind snooker kicks and reducing them

Comment

Hi All!

have you contacted Saluc about the new polish they are using which seems to have reduced kicks somewhat in recent events?
                  I assume you have also read the article on Shaun Murphy's website concerning kicks
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

My view is this - I think the unpredictability of getting a kick adds to the game rather than anything - the players want perfect conditions but that would be boring. Its the equivalent of a bounce out at darts really. frustrating when you get one yourself but all part of the fun of the fair.

I think you are going to need more than this to fill out a dissertation buddy.

Comment

I have looked around online for my own knowledge but the only data i can use is that of interview which I have done 4 so far aiming for 10 and that of journal articles for my evaluation of the data

Comment

Originally Posted by Ryan- View Post
                        I have looked around online for my own knowledge but the only data i can use is that of interview which I have done 4 so far aiming for 10 and that of journal articles for my evaluation of the data
                        I would be really intrigued to read the finished article. Are you allowed to put it up?

Comment

Hopefully once I have obtained enough participants and data and get it to a high enough standard and get it marked etc I will be able to post it. The only case in which I may not be able to post it is, if i were to be published in a journal and that journal wouldn't want me to post it (but that is very unlikely), but I am hoping to give a copy to all my participants.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ryan
                            Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Working...
                            X