London 3/4 size tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London 3/4 size tables

Hi there. Just joined the forum, quite keen to start playing regularly but wondering if anyone knew of any clubs in London that had 3/4 size tables to play on?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan - welcome!
    Great to hear that you want to start playing regularly! Just go to ask tho - why 3/4 size?

Comment

The game you play on anything less than a full size table, will not be snooker... It's just not the same buddy.

Comment

I realise it's not quite the same. I play pool fairly regularly so am used to small tables so find snooker quite infuriating as the tables are so big and I don't really have the time to practice to get good enough on them.

Comment

I totally understand that you'd find snooker infuriating - and probably most of us on here feel the same at times! But what I would say is that its the difficulty of snooker that is its main appeal IMHO. And while you might find it infuriating now, a bit of practice is likely to start paying off quite quickly, and you'd hopefully start to find playing snooker hugely rewarding.
          Another benefit that I have certainly noticed since playing more snooker is that it does improve your pool play considerably. I have played in our local pool league for years, and since playing more snooker my win-rate at pool has rocketed.

Comment

what he wants is a club that will give him the tray of snooker balls and let him play on a 9-ball pool table - some people did that at the club I used, they seemed happy enough potting balls and making breaks they couldn't on a proper table

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
              what he wants is a club that will give him the tray of snooker balls and let him play on a 9-ball pool table - some people did that at the club I used, they seemed happy enough potting balls and making breaks they couldn't on a proper table
              That just seems weird to me! If you're going to do that you might as well get World Championship Snooker for the PlayStation and you'll be knocking in tons in no time! And no more false than making tons in a 9-ball table with buckets in the 4 corners!

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                All I asked was if anyone knew of a club in London with snooker tables a bit smaller than normal size as I'd like to play casually with my mate and neither of us has the time or money to spend hours practicing to get any good on a full size table. Didn't realise it was such a sensitive issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by dan_schmidt View Post
                  All I asked was if anyone knew of a club in London with snooker tables a bit smaller than normal size as I'd like to play casually with my mate and neither of us has the time or money to spend hours practicing to get any good on a full size table. Didn't realise it was such a sensitive issue.
                  There are clubs that have 3/4 tables, but more a northern thing really, especially Yorkshire where they still have a 3/4 league! Think pool and 9 ball tables have taken the place of the smaller tables in all but a few private/members venues.
                  No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                  X