Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from hong kong

Hi everyone,

Just recently started playing snooker again recently when i found out one of my colleague is also a keen player. This after a 20+ years break! Snooker was my favourite pastime during my university days in australia and other life priorities took over when i started work and before i know it, 20+ years have gone by!

I still have my old cue, all rusted and neglected. Now that i am picking it up again, thinking of getting a decent cue both for playing and collecting.

I soon started to browse the net on snooker stuff and came across this forum. Looks to be filled with huge loads of information and immediately signed up.

Look forward to everyone's guidance.

Kim

Welcome to the forum. Play a lot in Hk? Many 3t about now

Comment

Welcome to TSF Kim :snooker:
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

welcome to shawshank ksquare enjoy your stay

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Trying to aim for once a week here. Been going through some of the cue maker threads. Pretty tempted.

I was looking to get a will hunt cue as there seem to be quite a few supplies here in hk together with john parris. But after reading the thread on will hunt, not so keen anymore....

May look up the likes of exquisite scotland and andy travis or mike wooldridge.

Comment

Basically you dont know lol - good luck with the cue search - its a long road but a fun one

Comment

welcome to the forum buddy, the choices you mentioned all good for any snooker players. Andy Travis cues are the best prices in value. Mike Wooldridge cues are the best quality you can get but may cost you a fortune. Have fun on the way buying a snooker cue that suits you. Btw what is your using cue at the moment may I ask?

Comment

Thanks dan for the welcome.

I really do not know the brand of my existing cue as the badge was lost. It is a 2 piece cue (joined at halfway) and is very light at 16oz with balance at around 19".

Dont know if its true but i am told these are typical specs some 20-30 years ago.

I tried out some parris cues and note that the weight is quite far back, cant feel much the cue on the bridge, even though they are in the 18-19oz weight range.

Tried will hunt as well and its abit closer to what i am used to. More balanced feel. Done a bit of research on mw cues and it looks like they have quite a good balanced feel based on comments i have seen.

Its one factor, so looking at others as well. Am quite excited to go through the 'journey'.

Comment

Hi Ksquare. I have a cue to offer. PM me if u are interested.
                  Anyway, good luck for your cue searching.:snooker:

Thanks.

Comment

Hi lamnic, unfortunately i am still a newbie, cant pm. You can let me have your email.

Comment

watashiha @ hotmail . com
                      thx

Comment

Originally Posted by Ksquare View Post
                        Thanks dan for the welcome.

I really do not know the brand of my existing cue as the badge was lost. It is a 2 piece cue (joined at halfway) and is very light at 16oz with balance at around 19".

Dont know if its true but i am told these are typical specs some 20-30 years ago.

I tried out some parris cues and note that the weight is quite far back, cant feel much the cue on the bridge, even though they are in the 18-19oz weight range.

Tried will hunt as well and its abit closer to what i am used to. More balanced feel. Done a bit of research on mw cues and it looks like they have quite a good balanced feel based on comments i have seen.

Its one factor, so looking at others as well. Am quite excited to go through the 'journey'.
                        Hi mate, you wouldn't find any cues the same as your current using cue, because the one you are using is quite unique as the balance point at 19 and weight 16 oz. I think you can give a try sending it to a cue maker in UK, they can refinish it for you imo, good luck.

Comment

Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
                          Hi mate, you wouldn't find any cues the same as your current using cue, because the one you are using is quite unique as the balance point at 19 and weight 16 oz. I think you can give a try sending it to a cue maker in UK, they can refinish it for you imo, good luck.
                          I've got an old hand spliced Walter Donaldson cue with specs close to that ( except 1 piece ).

It's 58" long ash / Ebony with rosewood ? front splice

ebony splices are 17", and balance point is at 18.5"

tip is 10.9mm dia, and weight is 16.25oz

tinyWD1.jpg

tinyWD2.jpg

tinyWD3.jpg

tinyWD4.jpg
                          Last edited by billabong; 5 February 2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                            I've got an old hand spliced Walter Donaldson cue with specs close to that ( except 1 piece ).

[ATTACH]17559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17560[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17562[/ATTACH]
                            That's a really nice cue buddy, I like the golden color of the shaft.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post

[ATTACH]17559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17560[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17562[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks much for the offer. I think i will go for one of the modern cues by the reputable cue masters. Its been so long since i played, thus shdnt be an issue to try out the new ones, so long as the balance feels right.

Comment

Working...
                              X