Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the snooker wasteland of the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the snooker wasteland of the U.S.

Very nice forum you guys have here. I've been playing pool for a long time and got into playing snooker about 3 years ago. Well, I have a 9foot pool table and a set of 2 1/4 snooker balls. Now it's all I play. I'm sure it's miles away from the real thing but it's the best I can do for now, unfortunately. Thanks to YouTube, I stumbled upon Ronnie's fastest 147 video and I was hooked ever since. Shortly after that I started to mimic all the pros, changing everything I did at the table. Closed bridge became an open bridge, stance became more structured and consistent. I started to develop a more disciplined approach to my shots and my game jumped up nicely. I look forward to picking all your snooker brains and continuing to learn all I can. Thanks.

Welcome on TSF Terrance. You are in the right place

Comment

Originally Posted by Terrance O'Donnell View Post
      Very nice forum you guys have here. I've been playing pool for a long time and got into playing snooker about 3 years ago. Well, I have a 9foot pool table and a set of 2 1/4 snooker balls. Now it's all I play. I'm sure it's miles away from the real thing but it's the best I can do for now, unfortunately. Thanks to YouTube, I stumbled upon Ronnie's fastest 147 video and I was hooked ever since. Shortly after that I started to mimic all the pros, changing everything I did at the table. Closed bridge became an open bridge, stance became more structured and consistent. I started to develop a more disciplined approach to my shots and my game jumped up nicely. I look forward to picking all your snooker brains and continuing to learn all I can. Thanks.
      Welcome to the forum. I am also from the waste land you speak of. It sounds like I'm in the same situation as you. I have been playing pool a while but just picked up snooker and I love it. Everything about my game has increased dramatically since I have taken up snooker. I have a very solid PSR, and have been controlling the cue ball on a string lately. Best of luck to you!
      “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

welcome to sahwshank

Comment

Welcome to TSF. Hope you get a 'Full size' game one day soon... it's awesome!!!

Comment

Welcome! There is lots of great resources here to learn from. If you are ever around Vancouver Canada, get in touch and we can have a game
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Welcome to a fellow American. I think that makes four of us.

Comment

Ha. One for every snooker table in the country.

Comment

not many snooker clubs in America then I take it

Comment

I think snooker with 12ft tables may be increasing in popularity in the USA. Tom Kollins lives near Chicago and he just mentioned there is a new club opening up somewhere in the suburbs with 3 full-size snooker tables going in.

If all you US guys would go to 'snookerusa.com' and in there they have a state-by-state list of all the snooker tables they can find in the USA. There may be one near you. I know there are tables in Houston, Brooklyn, Chicago, a couple of good places in California and there are some snooker tables in Las Vegas too.
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          If all you US guys would go to 'snookerusa.com' and in there they have a state-by-state list of all the snooker tables they can find in the USA. There may be one near you. I know there are tables in Houston, Brooklyn, Chicago, a couple of good places in California and there are some snooker tables in Las Vegas too.
                          I have come across that site before but nothing close I'm from Pittsburgh pa. Vancouver is a 4 hour drive, might have to take a road trip.

Comment

I had the chance to play or rather knock-about on a full size snooker table in San Jose California.
                            I will say the condition of the snooker table was not up to expectations.
                            The balls were light and feel strange.
                            The cloth was the type that I usually see on 9 ball pool tables and it took some getting use to as there was no nap.

Not a very good experience in my opinion.
                            The only thing was that the single snooker table is always available.

Comment

I have come across that site before but nothing close I'm from Pittsburgh pa. Vancouver is a 4 hour drive, might have to take a road trip.
                              Pittsburgh to Vancouver (where LB is) is a 4hr FLIGHT and definitely not a drive unless of course you can do 500mph on the interstate to Seattle
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                              X