Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Sweden!

Hi i just joined!

I started playing snooker when i was about 16 (-81) for the first time, just played billiards before. My dads been working alot in UK, and i used to work a bit as well over there.
    So I have played maybe 100 times or so at snooker clubs and social clubs in 15 years, really like the game..

I bought a house 4 years ago in Sweden and started measuring if i could fit a pool table somewhere, and the upper floor had an extra bedroom. I checked and I thought a snooker table could maybe fit if i..
    Removed 2 walls, took away the supporting brick wall for the chimney, moved the bathroom 3 feet and changed the heatingsystem.. It took me 6 months and alot of effort. Refurbished a used Riley, so now its mint condition.

I think i am the first in Sweden with a private fullsized snooker table. We have 35 tables all in all according to our main site www.snooker.se...
    Gladly i can follow snoo0ker on eurosport here!

I play 4-10 hours a week. I use a computorised scoreboard, to see statistics.. If anyone wants a copy of the excelfile please let me know (11 frames/file)
    The good, the bad and the miscue.

HI, Koste and welcome aboard ! Merry Xmas and congrats for all the efforts to get the snooker table set into your house. You have all the reasons to be proud of yourself ! ( May I remind you that Stephen Maguire's grandad did more or less the same thing to create the necessary practice conditions for the future champion ?!... Once that similarity becomes clear, should we expect some similar results as well ? ) I wish I had the courage to go to such length to make room for "the Divine Table" in my house too !!!... After what you have already done, forgive me for ... nagging ( ) , but you should practise more than 4 to 10 hours a week !!! I wish you the best of results ! ( Didn't you feel tempted to repeat/reconstruct on your table some of the positional situations you had seen in Eurosport matches ? I know I would !... )

Comment

Hi Koste,

Welcome to TheSnookerForum, its nice to have you here. Hopefully more people will be about when the tournaments start in the new year.

Comment

hello welcome to the forum hope you have a good time here and you play a lot of snooker

Comment

Welcome to the forums Koste

Comment

Holy crap man! Why not just buy a bigger house?! SOunds like it would have been cheaper.
            Anyway....welcome.

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to The Snooker Forum. I once visted Sweden. I was a youth worker and I visited Jonkoping, i was only there a few days (and i was busy working) but i enjoyed the hospitality of the Swedish people. A group from Sweden visited my home town of Wallasey, i think they enjoyed themselfs
              old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

Working...
              X