Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new boy in short trousers

Hi,

Just thought I'd drop you lot a thread to say hello. I've just registered with TSF and I'm guessing that this is the way to get involved.

Apparently I am required to tell you why I love the game of snooker. Well, where do I begin. When I was a byrne my old man would repeatedley put on a video of Jimmy White playing ridiculous amounts of screw back to make me go to sleep. The first few times he tried this, it worked and then I got into and started dreaming of being Jimmy, I dreamt of playing at the Crucible, crushing Stephen Hendry by 18 frames to 0, being admired by John Parrott and Steve Davis, having all eyes on me as I potted the final black in the World Championship to rapturous applause and cheers.

Sadly it didn't happen. Like Jimmy White's career, my dream fizzled out. Breaks of 22, 30 and 34 weren't good enough to cut it with the big boys. I only received one round of applause from my best mate and his girlfriend after a break of 72. Making that break was minutes of blood, sweat, frustration, crap positional play and copious amounts of swearing. Now don't get me wrong, a break of 72 is fairly bloody good for a 19 year old lad from the Old Dean, but in my head I was Ding Junhui, Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Alex Higgins (my ultimate snooker chomping ******* hero) and Joe Davis roled into one.

anyway that's why I love but also hate the fabulous, mystical, severely frustrating game of snooker.

Hi Tom, nice intro!
    welcome to the forum! Joined just in time for the exciting final session...

Have fun!

Comment

Hi Tom and welcome to TSF! Have fun!!
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Hi Tom,one of the best intros I've read in a while
        Welcome!

Comment

Lovely Lovely people

Thank You all for a warm welcome. I feel suitably satisified with the way I have been received.

I take it everyone has been watching John Higgins and Mark Selby thrash it out in the World Championship final. Fair play to Mark though, 12-4 down overnight and he came back and put the wind up John. Not bad for a lad from Leicester ranked 28th in the World (i think, although he's probably jumped up to about 12th or something now).

However, you can't hold a talented man down and Higgins came back and won fairly convincingly really. A nice break of 78 in the final frame, and a very tasty break of 129.

Anyway I'm rambling like an old man, i will love you and leave you Snooker fans...

Comment

Hello Tom, we now know you "well", thanks to your superb intro. Happy to extend a warm welcome to you, just as some other members have welcomed me to TSF ... I too joined only a few days ago. Am sure you will enjoy reading the posts and comments on this site. Cheers, philip

Comment

Working...
            X