Need help with my twin boys, 9 years old, Birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
    Like it mate, the power of positive thinking!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5j...yer_detailpage

This is not meant as a p... take btw. It's actually on of my favourite inspiring movie scenes.
    oh, and thanks for comparing the boys to dumb and dumber ...... nice one mate :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by donsajid View Post
      oh, and thanks for comparing the boys to dumb and dumber ...... nice one mate :-)
      No comparison intended, keep us up to date with the progress of your boys mate. Maybe start a new thread with a weekly update and give us a low down on some of the problems the boys are encountering along the way. There's a lot of very knowledgeable folk on here who are always willing to share some of their wisdom. Good luck mate

Comment

Cheers mate. I think I'll just keep updating this thread. next update will be after the world champs when we meet Andrew highfield at his club. So stay tuned and watch this space! !

on a side note, I was listening to Murphy today after his win and he was talking about going down the local club with his dad at 8 or 9 and doing 20s and 30s with the lineup practice and I was thinking wow that's my boys now....so who knows what will happen.
        Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.

Comment

Hi Saj, any updates on how your lads are getting on with Andy at Goldencue?

Comment

I'd be interested to hear what's on offer at Bilston... only an hour or so from me...

My lad (10) plays the odd frame in the men's league and last night we actually won the pairs together against a couple of very decent players (one being a former England pool international).

I feel he could improve at a much better rate if he had some youngsters his own age to spar with.

Comment

Bilston golden cue where i run from is home of the Paul Hunter foundation. I think that would be very ideal for your lad by the sounds of it.
              Again you have my number, just give me a call of you want a chat. Regards Stuart

Comment

Cheers mate. I think I'll just keep updating this thread. next update will be after the world champs when we meet Andrew highfield at his club. So stay tuned and watch this space! !

on a side note, I was listening to Murphy today after his win and he was talking about going down the local club with his dad at 8 or 9 and doing 20s and 30s with the lineup practice and I was thinking wow that's my boys now....so who knows what will happen.
                Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.
                Hi Saj, was good to meet you and your two lads today. Was great watching them potting balls on the line up. Both have great techniques as 10 year olds with as of yet no coaching except from yourself. You have done a good job, table 10 at goldencue is one of the tightes so they did well in potting so many dead centre.

I was struggling my self and playing with back injury and having cue problems so chopping and changing. Think you need to get your post count up to 10 and we can pm each other. Be good to chat and meet up again.

Comment

Hey Mark,

I just replied on the other thread but I need to bump up my post count so i'll post here too.
                  Many thanks for your kind words, the kids were made up when you complimented their game.

Speak to you soon.

Comment

Hi pottr,

Sorry for the late reply (almost a year to the day), if your still interested, Golden Cue has an event for kids every Monday from 6pm to 8pm.

Comment

Hey Mark,

I just replied on the other thread but I need to bump up my post count so i'll post here too.
                      Many thanks for your kind words, the kids were made up when you complimented their game.

Speak to you soon.
                      I don't think the posts you make on the newbie section are added to your count mate.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Will it add if I reply here?

Comment

Hi Mark,

Will it add if I reply here?
                          I think anything on here doesn't get added but all the other sections you are fine. Your on 7 posts now so just another 3 and you get to pm.

Comment

alright mark,

I've managed to get to 10 posts so should be in a position to PM now. I'll be in touch soon to see how you feel about a game, but at the moment, with the weather being so good, my evenings are mainly spent down the park doing my best messi impression with the free kicks :-)

Comment

Try Karl alawadi he coaches in Birmingham area.

Comment

thanks for the tip jim, I'm gonna see how it goes with Andrew but yeah it would certainly be good to get the assessment of other coaches too.

Comment

Working...
                                X