Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there been an avid snooker fan for decades followed the circuit for a similar time met some great players as well .i was always a league pool player until last year I was asked to join a local snooker league which I enjoyed better than I thought got to get the practice in ready for the new season

You said it nicely.!

Review my website: animals

Comment

Welcome to TSF Stevie . What League do you play in ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by steviegm147 View Post
        hi there been an avid snooker fan for decades followed the circuit for a similar time met some great players as well .i was always a league pool player until last year I was asked to join a local snooker league which I enjoyed better than I thought got to get the practice in ready for the new season
        Aye, once you get in to snooker and then have a frame of pool, you kinda think, I like this but it's a bit of a kiddie table. The enjoyment from playin pool is never the same again. It's always (for me) this isn't as good as snooker. Welcome aboard Stevie.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          Aye, once you get in to snooker and then have a frame of pool, you kinda think, I like this but it's a bit of a kiddie table. The enjoyment from playin pool is never the same again. It's always (for me) this isn't as good as snooker. Welcome aboard Stevie.
          Can't agree more.... The sound of ball rattling down the pocket on snooker table or the loud THUD sound on hard shot. You never get quite that same feel on Pool table because it feels so plastic.....

Comment

Originally Posted by blinker View Post
            Can't agree more.... The sound of ball rattling down the pocket on snooker table or the loud THUD sound on hard shot. You never get quite that same feel on Pool table because it feels so plastic.....
            While one of my tables was being reclothed yesterday I had a go on the pool table for the first time in months. It was quite a revelation. Using the Trump method I was able to play top spin shots three lengths of the table. Potting was easy, so much power on the break. And it did come in to my head, what about playing pool again, this is easy, you'll cream the league again but what's the point of being a big fish in a small pond and besides, losing a frame would be huge disappointment. Nothing to gain for snooker players really and it can mess up your snooker set-up as well. It's a good fun game down the pub but I might take up darts in the pub instead, more of a challenge. No offence to pool lovers on here, glad you love that game!

Comment

hi well I play in my local pool league ,Chorley in the north west and last year I signed up to the Preston snooker league which plays on a Wednesday,we started off as a new team in the 4th division and got promoted first time round still a lot to pick up with the snooker ,shots I can play blindfolded on a pool table I struggle doing on a snooker table ��,just need to get more practice in and it will come together I hope

Comment

While one of my tables was being reclothed yesterday I had a go on the pool table for the first time in months. It was quite a revelation. Using the Trump method I was able to play top spin shots three lengths of the table. Potting was easy, so much power on the break. And it did come in to my head, what about playing pool again, this is easy, you'll cream the league again but what's the point of being a big fish in a small pond and besides, losing a frame would be huge disappointment. Nothing to gain for snooker players really and it can mess up your snooker set-up as well. It's a good fun game down the pub but I might take up darts in the pub instead, more of a challenge. No offence to pool lovers on here, glad you love that game!

Three lengths of the table; Hope you're not being serious?

Comment

Wow one guy comes on to join TSF and three or four people spam the thread - this forum is getting bad at the moment - don't see the point of it personally - and the forum and threads are not usually like this - I just thought I would point this out to the new member.

Welcome anyway steviegm147 - another convert from pool to snooker - once you pot a few blacks there is no going back

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    Wow one guy comes on to join TSF and three or four people spam the thread - this forum is getting bad at the moment - don't see the point of it personally - and the forum and threads are not usually like this - I just thought I would point this out to the new member.

Welcome anyway steviegm147 - another convert from pool to snooker - once you pot a few blacks there is no going back
                    +1

One spammer is online now . .

Welcome steviegm147 : Remember, you can play snooker AND pool. Don't burn your bridges, LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      +1

One spammer is online now . .

Welcome steviegm147 : Remember, you can play snooker AND pool. Don't burn your bridges, LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Well, he'll have to choose eventually because pool ruins snooker technique. Snooker improves pool but it doesn't work the other way round.

Comment

Well, he'll have to choose eventually because pool ruins snooker technique. Snooker improves pool but it doesn't work the other way round.
                        Utter crap! I play both games to a decent standard, if you've got a good cue action you can play both no problem at all. I know many people that are regular 100+ Snooker Players and play on the UK pool tour, World championships etc.....if playing pool was detrimental to their snooker I've yet to see it.

Comment

Mark Selby springs to mind
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Mark Selby springs to mind
                            Exactly! Tom Ford, Martin Gould just to name a couple more.

MB maybe you're talking about your own game where pool has ruined your snooker game?

Comment

Superb knowledge Thanks!

Also visit my web blog: Tonye Cole

Comment

Working...
                              X