Ronnie's Shoe Giveaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie's Shoe Giveaway

Okay maybe a bit late to share this but I've just joined here recently.

Went to Crucible this year to see an evening session so got there early and was hanging around with friends.

When Ronnie finished a session with Craig Steadman he was mobbed by fans autograph hunting, cue signing and selfies etc.

He had the shoes on that were giving him trouble during his match.
    A disabled kid in a wheelchair was quietly waiting to see him with his parents I believe.
    Ronnie did a few quick autographs then spotted the kid in the wheelchair and spent a lot of time with him, having a chat, asking him questions, posing for pics while his parents took them.
    He then took off his shoes and passed them onto the kid who was over the moon.

Thought that was pretty cool of Ronnie to do that... the kid got to see his idol and got a unique souvenir.

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Okay maybe a bit late to share this but I've just joined here recently.

Went to Crucible this year to see an evening session so got there early and was hanging around with friends.

When Ronnie finished a session with Craig Steadman he was mobbed by fans autograph hunting, cue signing and selfies etc.

He had the shoes on that were giving him trouble during his match.
    A disabled kid in a wheelchair was quietly waiting to see him with his parents I believe.
    Ronnie did a few quick autographs then spotted the kid in the wheelchair and spent a lot of time with him, having a chat, asking him questions, posing for pics while his parents took them.
    He then took off his shoes and passed them onto the kid who was over the moon.

Thought that was pretty cool of Ronnie to do that... the kid got to see his idol and got a unique souvenir.
    When are they on ebay? lol. Saves JP making another cue I suppose...

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      When are they on ebay? lol. Saves JP making another cue I suppose...
      Hahaha, thats what a mate said... "They'll be on flea-bay soon"

Must say he did spend a fair few minutes with the kid.

Comment

Hahaha, thats what a mate said... "They'll be on flea-bay soon"

Must say he did spend a fair few minutes with the kid.
        I'd buy the shoes! You don't know how tough the game is until you've walked in a pros shoes..........................I'll get my coat.
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 9 June 2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Hahahaa, nice one Dont be banging your cue on the table or make obscene gestures with your cue though :P

Comment

I didn't see why everybody was so offended by him taking his shoes off.

Is it really that big a deal, in that grand scheme of things? Afterwards people were acting like it was something controversial.

Comment

Hahahaa, nice one Dont be banging your cue on the table or make obscene gestures with your cue though :P
              Can I buy those table dents and gestures? They're Ronnieo dents after all.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                I didn't see why everybody was so offended by him taking his shoes off.

Is it really that big a deal, in that grand scheme of things? Afterwards people were acting like it was something controversial.
                depends how much they stunk i reckon

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                  depends how much they stunk i reckon
                  That's true. If they were mine, people would've been offended.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    That's true. If they were mine, people would've been offended.
                    Hahaha, didnt Ronnie say that Mike Ganley's shoes stunk a bit as well... although they were super comfy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                      Can I buy those table dents and gestures? They're Ronnieo dents after all.
                      I'm sure those would sell on ebay too.... no one can gesture like Ronnieo can... I bet M. Tabb was slightly turned on when he did it before :P

Comment

Working...
                      X