Inaugural Open Scratch Snooker Tournament at The Baulk Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural Open Scratch Snooker Tournament at The Baulk Line

To all competent, skilled, talented and enigmatic snooker players not yet on the main tour, please come and take part in the inaugural "Sapperton Scratch Series" one day tournament at The Baulk Line in rural Derbyshire.

www.thebaulk-line.com

The-Baulk-Line-12-5-15-6-300x139.jpg

Format is as follows

Entry fee - £50 - pay online only, to bookings@thebaulk-line.com using PayPal (please include name and contact number as your reference)

Entries Close 11.59pm Friday June 26th. Draw made midday Saturday June 27th and posted on www.thebaulk-line.com

Six players per day. You play five lots of 3 frame matches (all 3 frames to be played). For the 2 players waiting, there is a lounge area with kettle, toaster, microwave and fridge, motor racing simulator, sports library and chess board

Each day begins at 11am. It finishes when it finishes. Nibbles style food and (soft) drinks are free, as is parking. Table fees included in entrance fee.

In the event of there being a Day 1a only - winner takes 70% of prize pool, runner up takes 20%
    In the event of there being a Day 1a and a Day 1b only - Winner Day 1a plays Winner Day 1b (percentage payout as above etc)
    In the event of there being a Day 1a, a Day 1b and a Day 1c, Winners of all 3 days are joined by best second place finisher in the semi finals and final (re-draw made) held on Sunday July 5th at 5pm
    In the event of there being a Day 1a, a Day 1b, a Day 1c and a Day 1d, Winners of all 4 days will meet in the semi finals and final (re-draw made) held on Sunday July 5th at 5pm

Tournament dates

Day 1a Weds July 1st 11am
    Day 1b Thurs July 2nd 11am
    Day 1c Fri July 3rd 11am
    Day 1d Sat July 4th 11am

Finals Day 5pm Sunday July 5th

More details please ring Jon on 07970 443549

Miscellaneous info -

Club postcode for satnav - DE65 5AU
    Full miss rule will be used.
    In the event of a tie on Day 1a (or b, etc) the top 2 will play a deciding frame to see who progresses.
    Semi finals are best of 7
    Referee provided for the final, which will be best of 9.
    Optional high break sweep, entry £5
    Final will be recorded and posted on You Tube
    Please, no football shirts.
    You may bring your own food and drink. What a refreshing change!
    You may arrive at 10.30am for some practice but as we are a 2 table venue and there will be six players per day we suggest a bit of co-operation - or failing that a quick arm wrestle to decide who gets to warm up first.
    Some food for thought - if 24 players enter, first prize is £840 and runner up gets £240. Losing a semi and getting nothing is harsh; but to attract players a rather big carrot is required, and anyway a guaranteed 15 frames in top match conditions against some tough opposition is not something to be sniffed at if you are serious about testing yourself.

Original Source: Newbies & Introductions - Post New Thread http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz3clOW33lF
    - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
    Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Folks, drag yourselves away from the beach, barbecues and general summer laziness and come and pit your skills against some fine East Midlands talent. We are having table 1 recovered on Monday to go along with the excellent table 2. The Jammie Dodgers are on order and the Simulator is warming up nicely.

See you there!

Comment

How many you got entered Jon? Could be a good bit of practice before The Pink Ribbon

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
        How many you got entered Jon? Could be a good bit of practice before The Pink Ribbon
        Hi Tony,

Could do with a few more to be honest but I understand it's Summer time and this is the first comp se we are a bit unproven. But I'm sure you'll vouch for me!

Get your entries in and let's make this a success for The Baulk Line and a very lucrative tournament for one skilled snooker player!

Comment

Good luck with your tournament. You have a great
          snooker room and I wish something like that would
          catch on here.

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
            Good luck with your tournament. You have a great
            snooker room and I wish something like that would
            catch on here.
            Thank you Robert. I am having table 1 recovered tomorrow in anticipation of the tournament. There's nothing quite like a new cloth or a freshly cut green...

Comment

I had a practice sesh with a friend and it was a mare. We don't have any AC but we did have the windows open. Sticky, sticky sticky, out of puff. Hats off to anyone playin Summer comps.

Comment

Working...
              X