X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Bradford

Hello evey one

First of all happy new year to all

I'm local citizen of Bradford, lived all life here.

recently or for this year I have the urge to get back in to the sport snooker. Used to play a lot of pool at college and uni was pretty good at it. I tried snooker and I was doing OK potting single or couple of balls if I went regular but never got to the stage where I could make cosistent breaks going or controlling the cue ball due not to practicing, mates would pick us up and we would of couple of game so couldn't really practice and cue stick were all bent so that did help.

Passed coiple of wreks a been reserchhing on many aspects of the game from basic , routines to equipment via forums and videos.

Since couple days ago I've bought my self 2 snooker cue from craftsman's cue. one is craftman's cue majestic model and the other id maximums cue. The craft mans cue She a beauty I was in there for 5 hours going through all the cues wow it wasnt easy and it was hard work.

Didn't have enough money to buy case so haven't down to the club yet to try out.

Any ways I think that's enough rant from me lol

P.S If there anybody Bradford on the fourm.

Look forward to your reply 's
    3/4 Craftsman's Cue Majestic Tulip 58.75, butt jointed at 16", 19 oz , 9.6mm

Welcome to TSF Essa and a happy new year to you too!. Hope you enjoy the forum, and Best of luck with your new cue.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate. CC and Maximus make great cues. Going to their shop and trying cues was a smart move. You should get on fine with them. If you have any questions on how to improve, what to practice, tips etc, post a question in the Coaching section once you're up to 10 posts or jump into any topic on the coaching section and ask away. Good luck enjoying and improving your game.

Comment

Welcome to TSF Essa .

Let us know what cue you prefer .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks guys little info about the cues

Craft man's cues

3/4 majestic model
          Size 58.75 , weight 19 Oz, tip size 9.6mm

Maximums
          3/4 Precious PS7 Hand spliced cue - Maple & Curly Padauk
          Length 58.5inch, wight 17.75oz, tip size 9.6mm

Comment

Big difference in the weights of each cue there .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

the biggest sock was the tip size i ended up with, i would always play with small tips,i would prefer thin shafts end of the stick. i felt when i was playing pool or snooker that thick/wide tips or shaft ends put me off too much distraction to the eye i could pot balls easier with small tip and thin shaft.

but after reading articles about tips size i come to an understanding that that bigger tips are more forgiving in accuracy when striking in the centre of the cue ball and have less reaction (spin) the bigger you go in size were has smaller tips are less forgiving in accuracy. you have to focus more on on every shot and smaller tips react more than bigger tips.

but i also learnt the older the you get the harder it is to play with smaller tips.

whilst i was on CraftsMans Cues i went through all the 57"+ cues in stock which was my only criteria, rest of it was just feeling the cue what felt right in my hand whilst playing.

i was shocked to find that from the 10 cues i liked the the last 2 cues were both 9.6mm tips, smiler rlength cues but different wights.

Comment

Enjoy your new cues, Simon/Dave are always a pleasure to deal with.
                How come you went for two cues in the end, just couldn't choose between them? I'd have thought that one cue, a set of extensions and a case would have been more handy and stop you chopping and changing between two that are very different in weight.
                Strange advice from someone with more than a few cues, but I've played with the same cue in league games for 2-3 seasons now... (mostly).
                I play in the South Bradford league by the way.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hey Yeh couldn't decide between them. Both cues felt good didn't miss ball with pair of them. The craft mans cue was my choice the maximums is back up cue just in case something happened the craftsman's cue.

Plus didn't have enough time to play with them both to narrow it down to one cue driver was inpatient.

I want to play in league or tournament but haven't got a clue where to start.

Comment

I was on you site yday lol

Comment

what a small world more Bradford folk

Comment

I guess you from Bradford too if so that's great news.

Currently looking for coach and club near me, debating between q gardens and Northern snooker center both have coaches q gardens is closer to me than the other club.

Comment

welcome essa
                          there is a good coach in brighouse just started coaching with private room .if interested get in touch and ill send his mobile number .

Comment

Hey pcb, thanks for info. Have you personally used this coach and could you tell more about him, name, does have qualifications etc.

Sure pm his number il give him ring

Comment

Working...
                            X