Hi all ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all ...

I've been a member of the snooker forum for a while but never actually introduced myself and thought that I should before I comment on any threads or indeed start a new thread.

My name is Rich and I am from W.Yorkshire, I have recently started to play snooker again after not playing for around 10 years, I try to play at least once or twice a week. I'm not very good but getting better after improving my technique and ironing out bad habits that I had from my younger days ....my highest break is 38 but I regularly can score 20+ in a frame.

I love the game and look forward to any televised tournament's, especially the UK, Masters and it goes without saying the World championship. I was lucky enough to get a ticket for last years (2015) Masters and bought the ticket before the draw was made, I was delighted when Ronnie was due to play the morning session on the day I had a ticket for, I witnessed him breaking S.Hendry's century record with the aid of a fluked yellow "there's six pockets on a snooker table don't you know", John Virgo's comment as the yellow flew around the angles.

I have two cues, one is a Phoenix M17 3/4 which I have owned for around 18 months, very nice cue, the other is a one piece ash cue with no maker name but quite old I think, I have started to use this cue recently and feel that its feel, weight etc suits me better, I have played far better over the last couple of weeks with it so I may stick with it ....until I have a bad session when nothing goes right that is.

Hope my introduction was ok and I'm looking forward to reading the threads and maybe commenting here and there.

Rich.

Welcome to the forum Rich

Comment

Cheers jrc750. Some really good threads on here and interesting reading too.

Rich

Comment

Nice post Rich, it's a stupid game really but we all love it, welcome aboard.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks itsnoteasy, your right and your username sums it up perfectly. I'm just about to go and knock a few about. Recently I have been just playing with 6 or 7 reds scattered around the pink and black spots with the pink and black in play, this has certainly improved my positional play and cue ball control but I do enjoy playing with an opponent when or if there is anyone around willing to play.

Rich.

Comment

welcome to TSF Rich, where do you play?
            It is amazing how many people "come back" to snooker after a number of years away
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi DeanH, I play at Top Spot in Huddersfield

Comment

Hi rich, is steve pollard still there?

Comment

Not sure golferson123, I hardly know anyone here really ....Dave is someone I recognise, he has the website "cues n views".

Rich.

Comment

Originally Posted by rich123 View Post
                    Not sure golferson123, I hardly know anyone here really ....Dave is someone I recognise, he has the website "cues n views".

Rich.
                    steve used to run the top spot with liz i think, original owner was stuart rhodes

Comment

Working...
                    X