Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach near Sandhurst?

Hi everyone.

I'm getting into Snooker and play a bit at the local 9 hole golf course where they have some tables.

I'm not very good, my best ever break is 37 and I would be lucky to get a break over 20 on most days. I considered buying a cue for about £150 so would be grateful for any recommendations, but then I thought shall I hold off and get a lesson (something I have never had).

Maybe the coach can advise on what cue might suit me?

Do you know any coaches in or around Sandhurst, Berks?

You might want to try Dylan Leary, he owns Racks snooker club in Maidenhead 01628 627732 prob about 30 mins away from you though.

Comment

Welcome to TSF

Where do you play? Not into golf so don't know the course
      I used to live in Sandhurst and there is no-one close
      I did hear that there could be someone over the other side of Farnborough Aldershot but never found anyone.
      yes there is Dylan Leary as mentioned above, also down at Chandlers Ford (a little further 40-50 mins) is Tim Dunkley (SnookerDad on TSF), I have been there a couple of times, and highly recommend him.
      Last edited by DeanH; 10 February 2016, 07:10 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks both.

I do know Racks in Maidenhead and I've played there before. Funny enough I called Racks at the weekend to ask about cues, my mate had bought a Peradon Ascot cue from there. I was looking at the 3/4 peradon lazer (but seen some negative reviews on here ), so maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone and meet up with Dylan.

Any recommendations for a cue for about £150? My mate seems to enjoy the Ascot cue for around the same money (I didn't want to get exactly the same lol).

Comment

Originally Posted by arseneknows View Post
          Thanks both.

I do know Racks in Maidenhead and I've played there before. Funny enough I called Racks at the weekend to ask about cues, my mate had bought a Peradon Ascot cue from there. I was looking at the 3/4 peradon lazer (but seen some negative reviews on here ), so maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone and meet up with Dylan.

Any recommendations for a cue for about £150? My mate seems to enjoy the Ascot cue for around the same money (I didn't want to get exactly the same lol).
          As everyone will tell you it's best to try a few cues out first, different weights, length, tip
          Size etc....... Peradon are ok as a starter cue.

If I was you I'd book a lesson with Dylan, he can then let you loose with a few cues and give you a few pointers. He's an Ex Pro that knows what he's doing, git knocked in a 139 against me the other day! You won't get him for a week and a bit as he's away at the European championship in France( world rules pool)

Comment

Cheers Rob I will do that.

Comment

Working...
            X