Hallo from Ireland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo from Ireland!

North of Ireland, but not Northern Ireland. Letterkenny - Donegal, high break of 15 (red, black, red, pink), playing for maybe a month with a basic BCE cue, and I'm starting with a rules question. After about 30 minutes of playing, my bridge hand gets very grippy and my cueing goes leftwards, since I also do a lot of bowling I have fabric tape that goes on the back of my thumb for a smoother release (this is the tape in question)

Would I be allowed to apply it to my hand between the index and thumb, so the cue is on the tape instead of skin?

Yes, that's okay (I believe). It's not unprecedented for players to wear a plaster on the chin to avoid soreness/blister.....and you can but cue gloves, which I think are more used by pool players.

You might be better off washing your hands, and wiping your cue, regularly. A clean cue will slide on a clean dry hand....it's amazing how much rubbish you pick up from having your hand on the table cloth sometimes. Having said that, I do find that cues with a varnish/lacquer tend to stick more on my hands, and so I favour a cue with an oil finish.

Comment

Yeh you can do that doesn't matter whats on your hands like sometime to dry out my hand i chalk my bridge hand for a smoother cue action

Comment

Hallo from Ireland!

Always moisturise

Comment

Working...
        X