Hello From Leicestershire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by focus View Post
    True that. Riley's were doing a £3hr deal a couple of years back, bookable tables online but only in the afternoon. Then it went up to £6.??hr if you pre-booked. The walk-in rate was £8 an hour. Any club charging near Riley's prices had better have much better tables. I think Bolton et al were talking about the Aristocrat at Northern being £9hr. SWSA is £8/hr for a Star table with a no.10 cloth and something like £25 for a day's play.
    Just before the last administrative rileys were offering up to 2 hours a day for 100 quid for the year. Now it's 11/hr during the week and 12 at weekends.

Still, it got rid of the gold teeth brigade.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      Haha, they see you coming! And stick the kettle on, there's a good lad.

They'll have you painting the place next.
      I'd happily paint the club for free rather than see it close tightarse. Some of us care about snooker and its future. We ain't all pool chavs.

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
        I'd happily paint the club for free rather than see it close tightarse. Some of us care about snooker and its future. We ain't all pool chavs.
        So, what are your other duties at these clubs? (note: plural)

1. Brush and ironing the tables.
        2. Making tea for the members (and washing up, obviously).
        3. Painting and decorating.

I do hope you get the furniture polish out and do a bit of shake n vac, anorl. Would hate to think you neglected that part of your skivying.

Have they trusted you with retipping, yet? It's only a matter of time....ah, that's why you were confused in the other thread...

"Dear TSF

I've been banished to a tropical island on account of me parrot, which won't shut up and that, but have come back 'ere because me slave master at me snooker club wants me to retip his cues for him, and pay 'im for the privilege and that. It's alright and that, i ain't being exploited nor nothin' - he gives me a key so i can do the toilets after curry night.

Yours etc

Bazza
        Up a coconut tree
        Snooker island"

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          So, what are your other duties at these clubs? (note: plural)

1. Brush and ironing the tables.
          2. Making tea for the members (and washing up, obviously).
          3. Painting and decorating.

I do hope you get the furniture polish out and do a bit of shake n vac, anorl. Would hate to think you neglected that part of your skivying.

Have they trusted you with retipping, yet? It's only a matter of time....ah, that's why you were confused in the other thread...

"Dear TSF

I've been banished to a tropical island on account of me parrot, which won't shut up and that, but have come back 'ere because me slave master at me snooker club wants me to retip his cues for him, and pay 'im for the privilege and that. It's alright and that, i ain't being exploited nor nothin' - he gives me a key so i can do the toilets after curry night.

Yours etc

Bazza
          Up a coconut tree
          Snooker island"
          And that ladies and gents is why snooker is dying.

Comment

Around the coalville area youve got the ashby ivanhoe social club. Thats 20p for 6 minutes of light to play there. its members only but you just register at the bar and thy let you play straight away. Spot on in loughborough has some nice snooker tables and plenty of them so no table swapping after each game, however costs abit more money especially if you play on table 13 which is the match table. Theres the connie club in coalville which is near argos next to the train tracks. Theyve got some nice tables there which have been re-clothed. Its memebers only but i think the memebership is £9 for a year and the cost of playing is roughly the same as ashby ivanhoe. Theres a few more around the area. But i would try these out. The connie clubs got a really nice pool table, the only shame is that youve got a fire place next to the table which sometimes causes a few issue. But apart from that probably the best pool table in the area.

Comment

Top Spot in Glenfield ain't too bad, not been in a few years now though, just down the A50 from you, but maybe a little too far.
              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Working...
              X